Look at my mate (Rolling)

Coming into this thread like

Shit. This has reminded me that I forgot to get a photo of all my snail mates that appeared (including a slithery hookup between very friendly mates) while I was ripping out some overgrown ivy at the weekend.

two slugs near my gas meter last week!

1 Like

Maybe there should be a spiders version of this thread. That last one was a horrible looking fucker for sure.

All these creatures are not my mates really :smiley:

7 Likes

Had this big(ish) moth mate knocking around the house since Monday evening.

How do you actually get rid of a big moth like that? If I go near it it just starts flying around, and it moves far too quickly and erratically to either usher it towards a window or catch it and put it out.

1 Like

Didn’t get a photo but had a lovely little green shield bug hanging out on my shoulder when I was picking raspberries.

Also, look at all the life stages of different shield bugs

Glamorous slithering friend on my tent

No word of a lie - this sizeable mate popped out to say hello just as I was reading this thread.

They’re in my standard mate-catching device there - a lid from the case for a stack of blank CDs.

Matey was up against a skirting board, though. Tricky to trap with a circular device. Especially so at that size. It was a really rapid bugger, too. I took a two-pronged approach: firstly - bring in a bigger bowl for backup (not needed in the end); secondly - strategically place a couple of greetings cards as a roadblock to redirect it into some open space (worked a treat).

Enjoy the garden, pal - I’ve got a tolerance for spiders, but yer wingspan exceeds it: this place ain’t big enough for the both of us.

I’m itchy now.

1 Like

Jesus Christ, I’d have moved into a hotel if that turned up.

1 Like

New lizard mate

4 Likes

We had this creature in the house a week or so back…

2 Likes

Met some great shield bugs earlier but forgot to get a photo. I did however get a photo of the rosemary beetle being all irridescent and beautiful, and spreading its little wings. Love these guys.

4 Likes

GBORB

1 Like

He’s coming on a bit strong there

Lots of great mates down by the river today

4 Likes

Spiky boi also found by river (cw: caterpillar)

https://gfycat.com/tangibleneglectedlice

7 Likes

I might be way off the mark here, but is that the river down in Garstang? Looks really familiar.

Always lots of top duck mates kicking around there, if so.

Not a million miles away… It’s actually the Mersey, in between Didsbury and Stockport. Worked here for ages without realising it was just around the corner. You walk past a big horrible entertainment centre and then all of a sudden you’re in beautiful serene countryside. Nice place for a lunch time walk to unwind for a bit :+1:

2 Likes