Look at this bit of road

Almost ten miles, straight as you like.

Can anyone beat that for length and straightness in the UK?

4 Likes

1 Like

would cycle this exact bit of road to go see my ex. it’s very boring, lots of tractors

I have driven that road. It’s not as speedy as you think.

I will recommend the petrol station off that roundabout at the halfway point, though, because I did once have to use it as a full blown emergency toilet stop and the attendee clearly understood my predicament, waved me through, and politely refused my offer to buy a token packet of chewing gum on the way out to justify having desecrated the only customer toilet. He got it. And there was no judgement.

9 Likes

22 miles, almost all straight ahead

3 Likes

Lovely stuff.

1 Like

Ah, was just about to post this one.

It’s the same road as HYG posted (Ermine Street), but further up the country.

1 Like

I will admit to Wiki’ing the longest straight road in the UK, but the bit it showed me was rubbish and not that straight so I went exploring

Did you ever go for a date at Megatron?

this is not as long but has been laid over peat bogs, so it undulates in a most disconcerting manner and is lots of fun to drive along

2 Likes

7 Likes

10 Likes

No idea what/where that is, unless you mean lots of remote controls taped together

1 Like

I bet there’s a monster in Australia somewhere. Like their bit of railway that runs dead straight for something like 1000km

5 Likes

a toilet anecdote for every situation, what a guy

7 Likes

The first 10.5 miles of the A5 (Edgeware Road) away from Hyde park is pretty straight.

I’ve Googled it and there’s a section of road that’s much longer but I’m not enough of a twat to post it like some people might be tempted to do.

Twatt

1 Like