Look at what the PC brigade have gone and done now

Yeah I thought it was gridiron where there had been a lot of noise about this but I do seem to recall the push about football coming from there also.

no, but by head-height I meant ‘nothing over head-height’. Should have smaller goals/pitches too. Stopped playing as a kid after we moved to 11-a-side and it was just a lad who’d had a growth spurt punting it over a 4 foot keeper

1 Like

That we get knocked out the World Cup?

What if they wear helmets like they used to in the days that Britain was great?

I think it’s the construction of the article, but it seems to imply that the concussions have occurred through heading soccer balls.

As the article says further down, the situation has already changed in the US.

Thank god we’re leaving the EU and will be rid of this nonsense once and for all

5 Likes

Cultural marxism

2 Likes

You go to schools in Germany, Brazil, Spain - what do you see? You see kids heading the ball. We’re never going to win anything until we stop teaching kids to play with the ball at their feet and get them launching it on to the big lad’s head in the box.

oh duh, I misread and my brain put ‘over’ in there for some reason.

that’s exactly what I was getting at - I used to help out locally for a short while and it was just this. The actual good footballers ended up with little to do, out wide, or getting yelled at for not playing it forward/high enough. Coaches more interested in scoreline than development.

1 Like

This picture of a wonderful British helmet had somehow dissapeared. Curse these EU bastards, denying our sovereignty.

1 Like

Bring back the mouldmaster

1 Like

At the end of the day it’s an occupational hazard. Road workers risk getting run over, electricians risk getting electrocuted etc.

I suppose they could bring in some sort of helmet but it’d be a bit daft, eh.