Looking for a new comedy series to watch

Already on the hype train for that!

no it’s an Australian comedy drama series about a gay 20 year old and his friends & family
it’s really funny and well written and sad and one of the best shows i’ve seen at exploring mental health issues

1 Like

Toast of Loldon

2 Likes

Watched two episodes of this last night and enjoyed it for the most part. Good background TV.

1 Like

Flipping loved this. Really good show.

2 Likes

Undiscovered gem

6 Likes

Detectorists

4 Likes

The Larry Sanders Show.

Couldnt get into this which surprised me as I thought I would love it. Maybe should give it another go

Lady Dynamite (Netflix)

3 Likes

Steptoe & Son.

seemed like they just lifted Gareth from The Office for themselves to base a show around so never bothered with it.

Seconded, funniest thing I’ve watched in ages

Josh

I thought that at first (it is bizarre how much he looks and sounds like Mackenzie Crook) but there’s a lot of detail and thought put into the setting and characters and that. It’s certainly worth giving it a chance (I only did cause I came across it on bbc1 wicked late at night)

I’m on series three of Toast. The pilot almost put me off (it’s not a strong intro) but it has an atmosphere you immerse yourself in. I think it’s given me more of an impression of the kind of aspects Arthur Matthews might most have contributed to Father Ted

1 Like

Yes but also no.

1 Like

It’s worth watching S1 for the karaoke scene alone! My gosh!
Not sure about S2 yet