Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power TV Series

Doesn’t need to be good as long as it’s got the right kind of bollix imho.

2 Likes

Yes!

Happens at some point in the Second Age so maybe?

Nope

2 Likes

Not done much since Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, surprised to see he’s in this

15 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up. If you also happen to know where my keys are I would be super grateful.

Have you checked your coat pockets?

1 Like

Bringing the gift of gold to Jesus to end the second age.

2 Likes

I read they were in talks to bring Howard Shore back for this, that could elevate it from “ok” to “decent” imo

Agreed but even so one of the remarkable things about his LotR score was that he had years to work on it and given ample time to establish each theme and leitmotif. The music felt completely natural and ‘lived in’.
Of course he’ll have a bit of a head start if he does do the score but I’m dubious that he could create something suitably good enough in, let’s say, six months.
Surprised they didn’t have him nailed down from day one. Not like they can’t afford him.

I don’t know. Hope I’m wrong obviously!

1 Like

Yeah and I suppose he did the Hobbit scores as well and that didn’t save those films from being complete piles of shite

1 Like

A good interpreting composer can be great in any case. I’m pretty sure McReady is one such.

2 Likes

The first trailer will be on Sunday night/Monday morning during the Super Bowl

1 Like

I would have preferred The Wacky Adventures of Annatar! The Lord of Gifts who is UP TO NO GOOD! but I appreciate that this is a bit of a mouthful for a title. Could work as a theme song maybe?

6 Likes

I believe the answer would be no he hasn’t made them yet
There’s a good chance the goth poster is Morgoth not Sauron

1 Like

Like the Wizards shouldn’t be around yet (bet they will be)

The Tolkien family have pretty tight reins on this I think so it’s unlikely anything like that will happen.

I guess the rings of power were the friend(ship rings) they made along the way.

1 Like

Bezos will be eyeing this up it seems

1 Like

The first three episodes, which V.F. has seen

Reckon I would be pretty unbearable if I’d seen almost half of this six months before it premieres.

1 Like