Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power TV Series

Just wish this was all films

2 Likes

Hmm, wasn’t so into that one. main gripe is that I didn’t really buy the queen’s change of heart regarding Galadriel, and it meant I got a bit annoyed at the end when I should have been getting swept up in this army going to save the southlands

also super confused why Adar let Arondir go? Maybe it will become more apparent with the young lad who has the hilt, but the old ‘to send them a message’ felt too convenient… especially since he gave him all his weapons? Although it did lead to that amazing shot of him catching the arrow

2 Likes

I have many thoughts to parse on this show so far but the thing I feel I need to stress the most right now is how much I fucking love the Wargs. Chihuahuas as chihuahuas see themselves. Terrifying and adorable in equal measure.

been obsessively reading the lotr subreddits cause theyre lunatics

current argument is that numenoreans are canonically 7 feet tall, with elendil closer to 8 feet, and the show not respecting that fact and having halbrand at a similar height is emblematic of the lack of care for the source material thats ruining the show.

enjoyed this tho

are we ever going to see Arondir and Bronwyn shag?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

Doubt she’ll last the season

1 Like

2 Likes

The reddit lot are right but you are only allowed to be annoyed if they were annoyed at inaccuracies of the films.

My personal gripe doing Anduril incorrectly and of course no Tommy B

1 Like

ooh be good craic if tom shows up in this

not ashamed to say I too was looking out for that when Galadriel and Halbrand boarded the ship.

i’m not a fucking malcolm though, so it doesn’t bother me. the series is excellent, pure tonic for me rn, and moves at a pace that I really, really miss in recent fantas and sci fi. think its why I love Dune so much too.

5 Likes

Narsil has already been revealed, and is distinctly aragorn sized.

Rings of Power did nothing wrong.

I meant the films

1 Like

I did think they’d changed the recipe for the worse

The Lord of the Rings: The Ring-Pulls of Fanta

1 Like

The Numenor is the absolute pits in this looks amazing but another episode of deciding whether to go or not is just really annoying only for at the end of episode not to see the decision being made and then setting off anyway. was absolutely done by the horse being lifted into the ship at the beginning. just general flip flopping all over in this episode even in the southlands was annoying

If Sauron is the stranger going to be so hacked off. Reckon Sauron is the blonde person at the start.

Final thing Didn’t Elrond break his oath already by showing Mithril to Celebrimbor?

1 Like

Ah cheers for this. Just watched ep 3 and I was thinking that surely the rings being forged was well ahead of Isildur.

Seems a shame they’ve drastically changed the timelines.

Also, I hadn’t realised Aragorn was Arwen’s 1st cousin many times removed. Hmmmm.

Hmmm yeah, another slow one. Still loving being in this world but there’s some things i’m struggling with

really not feeling all the stuff on Numenor, which is a shame as I love this version of Galadriel and the idea of political intrigue is neat. But having the reasons for Miriel changing her mind just being because of the vision is pretty weak, and it doesn’t explain why half the city now wants to volunteer? Also the Halbrand stuff is pretty confusing because they’ve done little to give us a notion he is anything other than an Aragon knock off

with Arondir, is the idea that Adar let him go as he knew that a bunch of the townspeople would still have loyalty to Sauron? If so, that could have been clearer

Still really enjoying the Harfoots and Elrond/Durin, and it looks like things will start heating up in the next episode

I know lots of people cba with the harfoot stuff and I totally understand that and was feeling the same but I’m really liking the relationship between nori and the star man, the am I a peril am I good moment and depending on who he turns out to be, through their story and relationship I’m getting this deeper truth coming through that maybe evil isn’t ‘evil’ but more of an uncontrolled/Untempempered power? Or something? I think there’s a really beautiful, bittersweet moment coming between these two where we understand that good and evil or light and darkness are simultaneously attracted and opposed to each other? Or something?

3 Likes

Episode 5 spoiler And perhaps it ties in with Galadriel saying Gil galad and Elrond couldn’t distinguish her from the evil she was fighting and when the king of the south lands (forgotten his name) was saying why do you keep fighting and she was like ‘I can’t stop’ and how at the beginning Gil galad implies that it was her rebellion that almost created the evil she sought to defeat? Or something?