Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power TV Series

Fully convinced they cribbed that melody from this.

This post paid for by PROF$.

1 Like

I was almost bang on the money about Adar

That was really good making me more annoyed about last week. Actually not really good that was the shit I’ve been after slow mo made a comeback least it was pity fully short

Episode 6:

7 Likes

Episode 6 :arrow_down: :arrow_down:
(negative views below so don’t bother reading if you liked this episode and don’t want to be annoyed by me! :smiley:)

Utter fucking twaddle. I’ve been really enjoying the series so far with some mild reservations but my goodness. Worst episode by far.
Cliche upon cliche compounded by nonsensical action and ridiculous, mistimed emotional beats.
The director should be arrested and sent to jail immediately for the horrendous use of dutch angles in this episode alone. Oh my lord.
Was really hoping they were going to kill off that dire little shit, Theo, but sadly he survived. I was actually shouting “kill him next!” during that one bit.
Looks like they’ve decided to set up a love triangle too. Yay. Super-duper. Wooooo. Yeah.

I won’t make another negative post about it here because it’s annoying when people wang on about how much they don’t like something isn’t it.
But I really didn’t like it and needed to get it off my chest. Apologies.

At least Morfydd Clark was in it a fair bit and the ending was undeniably epic (albeit fucking ridiculous)

2 Likes

Ha, curiosity got the better of me, unblurred, saw the first three words then rapidly blurred again.

I’ve not seen the episode yet, I shouldn’t even be in here, what am I doing.

Nah.

On episode 5 and this is so boring fuck me.

Sword fight in the square is so naff

2 Likes

Respectfully completely disagree. That was an epic hour of TV. Only negative was I spent the last 20 minutes shouting SOMEONE PLEASE CHECK THAT FUCKING SACK.

3 Likes

The Tolkien estate is not happy with me–that’s okay, I’ll still keep watching that garbage

1 Like

Proper Xena stuff but I’m fine with it

1 Like

Episode 5 is easily the worst episode so far.

1 Like

So much seawater chat

1 Like

not even watching this show, but I will always give a “like” to any post in this format

3 Likes

The dutch angles were hilarious, assumed they were a nod to PJ

Episode 6 is Helm’s Shallow basically. Lesser version of something in the films again but some stand out scenes. Action editing in this is solid often holds the shot for a long time.

I don’t know what it is about Elendil but he completely takes me out of the show. Feels like he should be presenting a heart warming DIY makeover programme or something.

3 Likes

Mt Doom! Love that guy

Finally twigged what the opening titles reminded me of after pissing me off for the run. Madlib - Sound Ancestors.

13 Likes