Lorde (rolling thread)

i think she’s following the exact same career trajectory as weezer.

Well I look forward to Deftones playing lots of Lorde covers on their next tour, then.

1 Like

watched for the first time a few months back, absolutely loved it. Can’t believe how bad the reviews it got originally were, how did everyone miss the point so badly?

Banger

3 Likes

like the new track a good amount. Her voice is still pretty unique so even if I can hear the LDR-phrasing it doesn’t bother me

seems weird as the 2nd released song though, is a pretty lovely interlude on an album rather than single material

actually like it loads tbh

Lorde stan in action

1 Like

who?

The guy who produced/co-wrote both Norman Fucking Rockwell and Solar Power.

1 Like

And a lot of other stuff:

As producer

and Folklore

Lets not forget he did melodrama too

2 Likes

While we’re talking about Jack Antonoff, I wouldn’t be surprised if he produced Springsteen at some point soon. They sang together on a Bleachers track, and Springsteen has spoken about liking LDR and Lorde albums.

3 Likes

really like the latest track

ah, but then it would be clever for springsteen to be riding the jack antonoff wave.

2 Likes

Looks like he worked on one track on The Kiss, one on Dedicated and two on Dedicated Side B.

I don’t even think I know Anton so I’ll pass

2 Likes

2nd single is pretty but dull, I want bangers.

I haven’t heard the first single because I prefer to wait for the album.

I don’t trust Jack Antonoff

6 Likes

I think it’s just a bad line. and very untrue.

Worst thing about these new songs are how bad the lyricism’s gotten. it was always the central pull. whether she was 16 or 20, her outlooks were relatable or at least observant and twirled into a pretty or disheartened presentation.

These are just hell boring themes ill-fittlingly executed. I’ve had 25 of my 26 summers in Australia and there is a very unique, relaxed, almost taken for granted vibe to them. it isn’t like the literal ‘make hay while the sun shines’ mentality you get in the UK, or the everything all the time one in the US. there’s a side she could show off and instead it’s just so boring.

2 Likes

Hadnt’t even really thought about the fact that it’s one of those lines that’s meant to seem deep but is actually not particularly true.

4 Likes

Me when I realise there’s no CD edition

Angry Pingu

4 Likes