Lorry drivers

Got anything to say about lorry drivers? I just read this and found it strangely moving (no pun intended!)

Every now and then I have a little consider of becoming one, seems like quite a good job for a misanthropic loner like me

dad used to be a lorry driver. fucking loved it.

I really fancy kipping in the cab.

I imagine you’d get a lot of wanking time. Like, a LOT of wanking time.

according to a documentary we watched a few years back, many uk truckers enjoy a spot of dogging of an evening

Well it’s something to pass the time, I’m sure.

Also

Aye right.

I think lorry driver is the most commonly held profession that I’ve never met anyone who does (that I know of). So there you go

I think that you should get a vehicle that is one bigger than the last vehicle you drove as a job every 3 years of your employment.

So as follows:

Newly qualified driver: Bike
3 years of driving experience: Minicab
6 years of driving experience: Bigger cab
9 years of driving experience: Van
12 years of driving experience: Tank
15 years of driving experience: Lorry
18 years of driving experience: Aeroplane
21 years of driving experience: Spaceship

cos they’re out driving a fucking lorry mate! Unless you’re hanging around service stations and dogging spots.

Lorry Taylor does Thinking Allowed on radio 4

They will all be automated within 20 years

it was the smash hit channel 4 doc ‘dogging tales’

As long as you don’t mind working ridiculous hours then yes, it is.

I was going to do it a couple of years back, got my Class 2 (rigid lorry) licence but before I got round to doing the one to drive artics I got a job in a transport office instead, so just have to deal with 100 of the miserable bastards on a daily basis instead. Might still do it at some point in the future.

No idea how so many of them manage to do a 15 hour day, have 9 hours off and repeat 4 or 5 times a week though.

Not sure we can trust smee with a tank

They seem to kill a lot of people don’t they.

I don’t think I’ve ever met one ‘in the wild’ now you mention it…

Unless it’s a Tommy Tank that is!

The space shuttle was smaller than many planes, so maybe spaceship first, then planes