Lorry

“If you and your mates are going out for a Chinese, what would you say you were going for?”

I dunno? A Chinese meal?

Exactly.

Glad we’re on the same page.

1 Like

Makes the wheels easy to stack at the wheel factory. They can be attached to the lorry in any way, but everyone just copies the first one.

1 Like

@eems and @Songs_about_ducking are correct.

(and FAO @Aggpass, I didn’t need to google it, as part of my job involves HGV tracking and working with the FTA on lorry standards)

Just interested in him being exiled in Siberia for four years.

Nobody’s actually come up with the correct answer as yet. Surprising.

Interesting. I’d assumed the back axle there has two wheels on either side and the front wheel is inline with the outer one. Is that what you’re referring to? Because I thought Balonz was just asking why there seems to always be ‘hubcap’ on the front wheels but not on the back ones. Or maybe this is part of the same thing?

Right I fucking googled it myself you lazy pricks.

Thread over.

there is a ‘hubcab’ on the rear wheels, it’s just facing the other way

Is that what he’s asking? I assumed that if he’d wanted to know about hubcaps, he’d have asked about hubcaps.

Well ‘outy’ and ‘inny’ usually reference belly buttons so going off that the hubcap is ‘outy’ on the front wheel and ‘inny’ on the back wheel.

1 Like

This is like when your parents are getting divorced and they are arguing in front of you as if you aren’t even there.

1 Like

@marckee, you can custody of him. I’m not going to fight you on that.

2 Likes

As community.drownedinsound.com’s in-house expert on all matters LGV, it’s basically because the steering axles have a single tyre on, but t’others generally have dual tyres (although on the trailer they may just have one larger tyre - a ‘Super Single’ to those of us ITK)

that it is called an articulated lorry implies there are other kinds of lorries, wouldn’t you say?

It implies there could be other forms, yes.