Los Campesinos! Rolling Thread

Close run between No Blues and Hello Sadness isn’t it. Both absolutely wonderful, formative records for me.

1 Like

justice for Life Is A Long Time!

If there was a fire and I had to save all the LC! songs, Hate For The Island probably the last one I’d go for

1 Like

Life Is A Long Time is basically exactly how I feel about life :crazy_face::joy::sob: hence one of my faves. +1028373 points for getting the word ‘cartography’ into a song as well.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’d save The Time Before The Last Time, fwiw, though Hate For The Island is quite close to that

Both are pretty brilliant. The opening triple punch of bangers on Hello Sadness and To Tundra just clinch it for me, but only just

4 Likes

Instrumentally I love Time Before The Last Time but those lyrics absolutely should’ve stayed in the drafts

1 Like

Going to have to make my peace with them not playing Ireland and me never getting to see them.

If you told me in 2008 that I’d see Pavement three times and never get to see LC! I wouldn’t have believed you.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

:heart:

5 Likes

Listened to Sick Scenes for the first time in a hot minute. Bangers from start to finish.

7 Likes

A Slow Slow Death is in my top 5 LC songs

4 Likes

On today’s theme of closing tracks, ending the album on “what if this is how we die?” is peak LC!, I live for it

5 Likes

Really should have had Sweet Dreams Sweet Cheeks on my list.

1 Like

I reckon I would’ve, but 2007 was the closing track on the version I listened to for a decade until the remaster, so that’s the closer in my eyes

2 Likes

Not listed on the original tracklist though so it counts and I will not be entertaining alternative feedback.

1 Like

Listening intently on headphones over and over to try and work out Aleks’ lyrics on Sweet Dreams Sweet Cheeks, then discovering you can look them up online and I had them like 70% utterly wrong

3 Likes

I would never have taken you for an LC fan

Pleased

1 Like

“Some things are best left unsaid.”

I think from hold on now(?)

Fight me irl (my brother used to make fun of me when he would walk by my room and hear lyrics specifically ‘remember what your heart is for’ from by your hand, because he thought everyone knew your heart is for moving blood around)

I think this was the last time I saw them, the tenth anniversary show for their first two albums.

What a genuinely ridiculous setlist.

4 Likes

I think this is the first and only time I’ve seen them.

16 years ago wtf!

1 Like