Lost a debit card without realising a few weeks ago

No-one’s found it, or its in the bin, or it’s down the cracks of floorboards in our house. Could be anywhere though.

• Cancel the card and have a new debit card sent out, you can’t be too careful
  • Just have a duplicate card sent out so you don’t have to update all your online payment details for fucking everything

0 voters

The results of this poll will tell us a lot about the respondents I think.

Apps let you freeze cards temporarily nowadays yknow

If it’s not been used by now it probably won’t? But the only way to be sure is to cancel so…

Don’t be a fanny, Smee.

A fansmee.

1 Like

If you ask them to send out a new card isn’t it always a new number anyway?

no if you say you’ve snapped it or the contactless has stopped working they just send you a duplicate of the existing card

has anyone ever had a credit card where the numbers didn’t wear off really quickly (like < 1 month) and make it really hard to read without sort of tilting it backwards and forwards under the light

how has no one figured that out yet

5 Likes

I have it. Been waiting until today for the contactless limit to increase then I’m going wild

16 Likes

mine is fine but then I’ve never put my credit card in a cash machine

Good luck Smee!

I had to get a new card recently as the thin plastic film had started to come off the front, so I obviously started to pick at it, and it seemed like it was designed to be removed so I took it all off. Then the same thing happened to the back so I did the same, and then when it got to the magnetic stripe if pulled that off and just said VOID VOID VOID underneath and it wouldn’t work in ATMs anymore so I regretted doing it in the end.

4 Likes

Freeze it!

giphy

5 Likes

just went to google this…

6 Likes

Ffs

2 Likes

Do I need glasses?

2 Likes

Imagine a very funny and high quality gif of Lisa Simpson ballet teacher going “tappa tappa tappa”

5 Likes

fantastic stuff here

7 Likes

giphy

4 Likes

Disney+ really downgraded image quality huh?

5 Likes

Yeah they should do away with embossed numbers IMHO