Lost Hip Hop

4 Likes

Yes I loved that Notts scene around 2000ish. My dream is for P Brothers to come out of retirement and do an album with Juga-Naut.

1 Like

Had to bring this thread back, currently listening to Soundbombing & being reminded how much i like this

4 Likes

Absolutely amazing. Love him. Here he is over an awesome DJ Spinna beat

3 Likes

Another absolutely killer DJ Spinna production. MCs kill it as well. Went through about 4 copies of this

1 Like

For some reason when DJ Spinna is mentioned this is always the first track that comes to my mind

2 Likes

This absolutely slams as well! How many indie points on offer for claiming that this is the best thing Eminem ever did?

(it is)

3 Likes

Going full “Stan”

2 Likes

Some NYC backpack stuff from before it all started to sound exactly the same

4 Likes

Maybe not that obscure as it was beatminerz produced I think:

3 Likes

i missed this thread first time around, good bump. i woudlnt say these are lost tracks, but they arent the type of tracks you’d see talked about often:

spice 1 runnin out da crackhouse

grand pupa very special

dogg pound and pac dont stop

youngbloodz pop pop pop

3 Likes

I posted that one upthread! Great track.

1 Like

Oh shit, sorry! That’ll teach me to read things properly!

1 Like

Like the Spice1 track, never heard it before.

1 Like

Great thread this. Love that some of my favourite rap records are by people who may have literally released one 12, and then disappeared.

Drama Klub - The Heist

Camouflage Large Clique - Heavy Hitters

Trigga - No Tomorrow

Royal Fam - Summin’ Gotz to Give

2 Likes

All good - a classic of the lost hip hop genre! There was a good article about tracks like this - given a new lease of life after being ripped by fans and put on YouTube. Change has 7,459,206 views currently! Which is mad, as they probably only sold a few thousand copies, if that? :person_shrugging:

would be a good podcast to hunt these rappers down and see what the deal is/was. most would be boring stories but i bet there’d be some nuggets.

2 Likes

Oh man, that’d be amazing.

Here’s that article…

4 Likes

First heard this 20 years ago and it still excites me

2 Likes

Was always fascinated by Tony Bones - English guy who moved to New York and had a few records out on Fondle Em.

2 Likes