🔊 NEW BAMNAN ALBUM 🔊

cheers viney! Sounds like audacity gets the vote then, will probably sort all that out on Monday then.

It’s worth having anyway, for a free program it’s a totally decent bit of editing kit

1 Like

Reaper will you just need the LAME mp3 dll. There should be instructions online.

But I thought Bandcamp only accepted WAV files and converted them for you? (Probably wrong about that.)

oh that would be good if they did! Well it’s not that much of a pain, probably just put on a podcast and have it done in a couple of hours max.

Yeah, they definitely accept WAVs.

I think they also accept AIFF and FLAC - so all lossless. They do all the conversion to other formats for you.

oh super! One less excuse I have now :sweat:

Go for it!

I know you mentioned a fear of failure, but you’ve already succeeded twice - first by writing a genuinely excellent record, and secondly by getting it out and heard on soundcloud/here.

Just think of Bandcamp as another hosting service like Soundcloud, only on this one you can charge for downloads if you want.

Lol
Big time

well your stuff is great and very consistent, not really heard a boring track from you ever.

Cheers

Well, if you need a few pointers on bandcamp I can lend some of my experience …it’s all quite self-explanatory though.
You’ll need a PayPal & just upload wavs & artwork - dead easy

If you’re going to charge for downloads then make sure you tick the ‘let people pay more if they want’ option

If you’re going to let people download for free (pay what you like, minimum zero) make sure you click the ‘require email for free download’
That way anyone who downloads for free is automatically put on your bandcamp mailing list and gets mail notifications whenever you upload something new

1 Like

thanks all very sound advice, thanks for sharing it freely!

This is all brilliant, can’t say enough how much I’m enjoying it. Excellent work man, keep it up!

1 Like

Thank you so much <3 x

Will finally get to listen to the album this weekend Bammers. Going to echo what everyone else has said about Bandcamp. Seriously easy to set up.

1 Like

did you get a chance to listen?

I’m a bit drunk but this thread makes me happy :slight_smile:

Bam, I loved it. Such good work. ‘Family Affair’ broke my heart, serious Grandaddy vibes from that track. Loved ‘Sad Trombones’ too. Get it on Bandcamp and let me give you my money!

aww thanks man :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I’m going to sort that out later this week.

thanks so much for your support

I gave it an uninterrupted listen on Friday & had some ‘thoughts’ but wanted to give it at least another listen before I made any comments.

But…
Drum work & guitar work is super nice Bam - you have a proper charming guitar style

I have a few criticisms but I don’t think it really matters what I think. What do you think?

go for it, nothing wrong with criticism!

I know there’s some rough edges and maybe I could have took a bit longer with mixing, my only real defence is that it’s very fatiguing working on the same project for ages and I was about done with it by the end.

I’ll give the whole thing another listen before I get too much into a critique but the quality is really high across almost the whole thing & Family Affair is beautifully weighted with anguish & pathos & a dash of darkly self-deprecating humour. A real stand out