Louis CK

am I missing something or were the allegations against CK confirmed as not actually being about him, but someone else? Not sure if Tig is referring to this or something else though.

Jen Kirkman who made the initial comments that Gawker ran with has said that the allegations that were made hadn’t actually happened to her and she was annoyed that the wider point that she was trying to make about being a female comedian had been missed by the guessing game sort of thing that happened after she spoke out.

That said, reading between the lines, she doesn’t go as far as to say that it wasn’t CK that she was referring to which probably speaks volumes.

The “it being someone else” stuff stems from Doug Stanhope saying that the article was about him which you can almost certainly take with a fucking enormous pile of salt.

Yeah, I guess I mean the article is just vague about the film IMO, or rather says a lot about it but it all feels fairly nebulous and sort of interpretive.

Whereas I feel like Notaro’s comments are far more of an issue than this film, like they are for more indicative of him having huge issues that have just been allowed to go by the wayside. So that to me is the kicker that this film isn’t.

1 Like

think she did confirm that it was him that she was talking about, but ‘only’ that he had hit on her and been a bit of a general creep. then there’s all these other anonymous accusations about an unnamed comedian (probably louis but unconfirmed) that have got conflated somehow with what kirkman had said, so she’s tried to distance herself from all that.

1 Like

yeah but that was based on those rumours so that was all a bit chinese whispery. the tig stuff is way more damning I think, sounds like it happened if not to her then to someone she actually knows

To me it seems like both louis ck and doug stanhope have both done some pretty creepy stuff and they’ve possibly been conflated somewhat. Doesnt mean either of them are off the hook.

huh, wow

That’s…weird

Am I allowed to enjoy his TV show again now?

Interesting

Yeah, posted this in the Weinstein thread as I forgot there was this existing thread already.

Doesn’t look good at all.

It’s gonna be really fucking hard to separate the art from the artist in this case giving that a lot of his material is about masturbating (and sometimes in front of people…)

Yeah, and the more recent stuff regarding the dangers men pose to women and that scene in Louie where he blocks Pamela Adlon in etc have to be viewed through an entirely different lens now.

God even without the dodginess, that routine is literally just an edgy Michael McIntyre thing

Extremely sickened and gutted frankly.

6 Likes

Yeah this, very grim reading.

Ms. Corry also received an email from Louis C.K., which was obtained by The Times, saying he owed her a “very very very late apology.” When he phoned her, he said was sorry for shoving her in a bathroom. Ms. Corry replied that he had never done that, but had instead asked to masturbate in front of her.

Never a good look when you can’t remember which incident of sexual assault/harrassment that you perpetrated related to which woman.

8 Likes