Louis CK

HBO has dropped his content, and the stars of i love you daddy have cancelled all upcoming press.

And horrifying, scary, disturbing, upsetting, scarring…

Let’s not downplay it by pretending it would be a pathetic scene just because of what he looks like/who he is.

29 Likes

I’ve never really been a fan of Louis CK but I always thought it was refreshing how open minded and accepting he was. Such a shame he has turned out to be an awful creep

7 Likes

Yeah. There are a lot of moments in Louie which I felt he was being really self-aware, honest and open about his own flaws and his place in a deeply flawed society. It is a shame that he has turned out to be a creepy abusive fuck.

6 Likes

This is the element that makes me feel most guilty personally. As I’ve said elsewhere loads of times I work under the assumption that people who have made work I admire are not necessarily (and not likely in fact) to be admirable people but when his work (in Louie, less so in standup) spoke, often so sensitively, about the flaws inherent in human beings and social issues etc it’s a very bitter pill to swallow.

Obviously though “wah wah wah, I liked a thing” is barely even the bottom rung on this ladder of awfulness and thoughts are with the victims and their bravery at speaking out.

14 Likes

Imagine having the audacity to use that kind of material in your stand-up and your film when you’ve been perpetuating it in real life. Absolutely staggering as to why you’d want to hurt as many people as possible.

it’s certainly quite sociopathic

1 Like

Okay I did not know you could trigger breastfeeding reflexes by making baby noises.

3 Likes

I would be inclined to say that assuming he “‘must” have known what would happen is a bit of a stretch, but I’d believe anything to be possible frankly given everything that’s coming out.

1 Like

Yeah I mean, I wasn’t defending him at all. I imagine if you’re a cunt then knowing you can trigger lactation would be a particularly cruel trick to have up your sleeve.

He’s had two kids so it’s pretty likely he would’ve known. And Kate McCormack in the video calls him out on it but he keeps doing it.

1 Like

fucking hell

3 Likes

grim

1 Like

Ah Christ, well that’s depressing

This is a very good piece which pretty much confirms the worst fears I had for the film independent to the NY Times article:

God he annoys me no end

Could pick over this quite a lot and expose it in many different ways, but basically it’s just a super-woke iteration of the trying-to-weasel-out-of-it statement. Like what Joss Whedon said to his wife to excuse his cheating, or whatever it was.

1 Like

full statement is here:

It reads to me like it’s genuine and full of contrition and remorse. All of which is rendered completely redundant by the fact that he could have issued it at any point over the last five years or however long it’s been that the rumours were rumbling. Instead he waited until it was no longer deniable and he was still active. Still very gutted.

14 Likes

Yeah I think its a very well worded statement from him and at least he is not denying or trying to excuse himself now. Still doesnt lessen what he has done but I think he does seem remorseful and hopefully he does step back and listen like he says

Yep. Fucking hell.