Love Island 2018 💔 🌴

:rage:Gaslighting is making them think they’ve said or done something wrong or rewriting the narrative of something that happened in a false way and presenting it as truth while rolling eyes and insinuating that your victim is going fucking crazy not to realise how wrong they are about something.
Leaving the gas on and saying it must have been them until they start to believe it was them.
So yeah, gaslighting fits.

1 Like

Yeah, wasn’t sure if it fit or not - had never heard the phrase until some of what Adam was doing this year, tbh.

It comes from a play in which a husband drives his wife mad by messing about with the gas lights in their home and driving her mad- Gaslighting - Wikipedia

1 Like

Tbf true gaslighting is more drawn out, subtle and insidious than what idris just did. He just told a barefaced lie to cause trouble. That’s called being a selfish cunt.

3 Likes

Bf says its cause her breath still smells of wes’ cock :speak_no_evil:

I honestly HATE that behaviour that Kieran showed. It’s just a little bit frightening to me…
He strikes me as a “I won’t take no for an answer” guy.

She said no in a nice way mate. Do you think they are polite and just giggle it off cause they don’t want there to be dramas?
Cause if that was me, I would have either gone “I’ve already said i’m taken, back off” or gone “JOSH COME DOWN HERE THIS GUY SAYS HE WONT STOP HITTING ON ME”

3 Likes

GUYS. There is some proper conspiracy theory stuff going down over on mumsnet re that kiss.
brb with the link.

Reckon the new guys have been told to go in hard by the producers?

I suppose they were told to pull certain girls for a chat…but what they say is up to them.
It’s just a bit…predatory?
Made me feel well uncomfortable.

4 Likes

MildredHubble12’s post.

Is there anything more embarrassing than Dr Alex talking about cars???

He seemed to genuinely get on with the new girl though

this episode is b o r i n g

1 Like

A Megan redemption arc is not going to happen

1 Like

Lol I didn’t even realise there was a new person in the villa for half the episode pervo

1 Like

I like guys with good eyes, good hair, good teeth.
Fucking hell.

(oh I am watching on catch up).

It’s like a proper band tour! Amazing. Won’t be turning up at half of those with two dates I assume. Love the confidence of doing e.g. Stafford to Cambridge though

Mallorca to Peterborough tomorrow night!

5 Likes

:joy:

1 Like