low key fears ft xylo

I’m panicking about tomorrow, my atd is coming over and has got it into her head that we will be making a dessert along with GBBO, but I don’t have any ingredients and won’t have a chance to go to the shop. Gah!

I have it on good authority that @xylo is gonna run out of Brazil Sauce soon, which he picked up in Brussels. Really worried he won’t be able to find more in the UK - oh noes!

Any other small time fears?

2 Likes

In France (and no doubt other countries too but that’s the place I have experience of) it’s traditional for guests to bring desserts. Seems like a nice thing. Maybe you could ask your friend to bring the dessert or ingredients?

She is bringing some ‘mystery ingredients’ actually. Who knows if I’ll be able to use them!

2 Likes

feels like you should go full wartime rations and make some kind of suet monstrosity

(also ty)

1 Like

Your very own episode of Can’t Cook Won’t Cook!

Apologies as I have no idea if that has been on tv for like 20 years so you may well have no idea what I’m on about.

1 Like

I’m cooking dinner for my sister and her husband tomorrow so I’m a bit worried they’ll either hate what I’m making or it’ll go wrong somehow. Also I’ve been in this job 4 months now without much going wrong so I’m a bit nervous that I’m constantly minutes away from catastrophe.

HADDOCK!

1 Like

I think she’s on the next series of Drag Race.

7 Likes

(it was a good thread, i didn’t want it to go to waste :smiley: )

1 Like

That nothing is real

Yeah - it’s me

1 Like

waves from a decade of imposter syndrome don’t worry man it gets bett- okay no it does not

2 Likes

Oh yeah it’s a very familiar sensation.

1 Like

B650F6XIIAACgng

1 Like

I’m scared of making a quiche later.

Never had any issues. Tried on Saturday and the pastry failed. Put it off yesterday but have to make it today and I’m scared now.

1 Like

Got a Hello Fresh order coming today and I am worried all the ingredients won’t fit in the fridge

I’m afraid that it will be cumbersome to carry a floor lamp from Sainsbury’s to Waterloo East later and I might drop the box.

Afraid that another day will pass and I will have achieved nothing

1 Like

I want the name of this thread to be the name of a pop hit

8 Likes