Low - Rolling Thread

I don’t know how you stop getting them

I haven’t listened to it yet, but it’s clearly the very opposite of “really average” by most accounts.

1 Like

Alright captain popular

It’s literally just threads I’ve posted in and haven’t replied to.

But back to the album

ALRIGHT CAPN LAZY

2 Likes

well listen and judge for yourself :slight_smile:

^ a billion times this!
I still remember buying a CD copy of ‘I could live in Hope’ when I was about 16. I had NEVER spent money on a CD without having already heard it before at a mate’s house or something but I had heard the Low cover of ‘transmission’ on a Joy Division covers record and I really loved.

I remember being in Our Price or something and holding ‘I could live in Hope’ and seeing that ‘transmission’ wasn’t on it but I really wanted it anyway and I bought it and went home feeling really really nervous OH GOD WHAT IF I’VE WASTED MY MONEY AND IT’S TERRIBLE AND I DON’T HAVE ANY MORE MONEY AND OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE.

Stuck it on as soon as I got home and within the first 10 seconds of ‘Words’ I was in love. Played that CD to death and it remains one of my favourite ever records.

So strange to thing that that was more than 20 years ago: I’ve got married and had kids and a career and stuff but I’m still really excited by the same band!

20 Likes

Lovely post!

7 Likes

Is there anyone good I can I download a hi-res copy of this? Bandcamp is still in pre-order mode, and iTunes is…iTunes.

I’ll be getting my vinyl tomorrow. Could give you the DL code?

Ah, you gent. Kind offer, but I want to give them money!

Dunno then mate. Don’t they have a DL link on chairkickers.com

?

I’m not really a downloading sort of person so ahm oot

doh

2 Likes

Aha, SubPop have a digital copy on their store. Not sure why I didn’t think of that, tbh.

Yeah, that is a pretty special record.

6 Likes

Not feeling it yet INMYIMHO. Will give it another spin tomorrow

this sounds pretty great on first listen
bit ian william craigy in parts

7 Likes

That’s a great comparison

1 Like

It does doesn’t it? Knew it sort of reminded me of something but I couldn’t put my finger on it. The combination of beautiful vocals, static, distortion and deconstructed sound coming apart at the seams.

1 Like

Love fucking soy boys having a cry cos Low have released some songs with some chest hair. It’s just a bit of distortion ladz!!

1 Like