Low - Rolling Thread

I wonder if this track is par for the course. In the press release it says “These ten pieces—each built around their own instantaneous, undeniable hook—are turbocharged by the vivid textures that surround them.”

Might sound like a cross between Drums and Guns and Double Negative?

This is really nice. I am a Low noob - what’s best to start with?

Small London show announced for next year.

https://www.ticketweb.uk/event/low-saint-st-john-at-hackney-tickets/11079185?pl=EYOE

Presale tomorrow.

1 Like

It’s not their best - but I would recommend C’mon as a good starting point as for me it’s a bit poppier but still gives you a good sense of why they are as a band. Then Things We Lost In The Fire from the earlier years.

1 Like

Brighton date announced too at St George’s Church

1 Like

Secret Name/Things We Lost in the Fire

4 Likes

How does the presale work?

Do you know the Brighton date? Can’t seem to find the listing online. Thanks

https://meltingvinyl.seetickets.com/event/melting-vinyl-presents-low-speical-guests/st-george-s-church/1975664

40 quid!!

Ouch!

No idea. Guessing that link is viable for both pre and standard. Wish they wouldn’t bother with presales unless actually targeting their mailing list.

1 Like

It’s really hard to say with them I think. Personally think that the different periods of Low vary a lot. The Great Destroyer was the one that got me into them but it’s not necessarily representative.

having listened to the tune though, i think you should start with double negative, as its the only thing that is remotely similar to the new one

1 Like

The Great Destroyer. Double Negative is my fave though

2 Likes

I’m gonna have a good ole rifle through their back catalogue. I’ve always got the impression they’re a little abrasive and/or inconsistent but every track of theirs I have come across (there’ve been a few on TV shows etc) have been great. Gonna dive in this afternoon

1 Like

Oh there’s quite a bit of abrasiveness often alongside some honey throughout their discography. If you want something smooth without edges, it’s Things We Lost In The Fire

2 Likes

Manchester Cathedral added for April 27th

1 Like

1 Like

as a fairly casual fan myself, The Great Destroyer and Drums & Guns have always been their standouts for me

was hoping they’d do Belfast but might go Dublin if the album is good

1 Like