Low - Rolling Thread

low

How do we get them a regular December date each year? The Union chapel show in 2016(?) was sublime.

Changed it happy to take other suggestions too.

I’m sure i’ve seen them do a few christmas dates at the union chapel - assumed it was already established as a (semi-)regular thing…

I don’t get why people don’t just start new threads…“Low 2018” would’ve done fine.

Didn’t really think it was worth making a thread for 1 British date and 3 European dates. But I will next time, cheers mate.

Sorry, my post does come across quite dickish

Well, I’m assuming they’ll extend this tour and have some new music at some point…so hopefully 2018 is a big year for Low.

But of space around the Leeds date I suppose

Album ranking:

Things We Lost in the Fire
Secret Name
The Great Destroyer
The Curtain Hits the Cast
Drums and Guns
C’mon
Trust
Ones and Sixes
I Could Live in Hope
Long Division
The Invisible Way

If we’re doing this…

Things we Lost In The Fire
I Could Live In Hope
Secret Name
Curtain Hits The Cast
The Great Destroyer
Ones and Sixes
Drums n Guns
C’mon
Trust
Long Division
The Invisible Way

Buy everything other than The Invisible Way is 8/10+

Can’t believe you have I could live in hope so low. One of the best records ever made by human beings.

Interested to hear why people don’t hold ‘The Invisible Way’ as highly as others. It was a different direction to previous albums for sure but I think the song writing holds up. I’d enjoyed bits and pieces from Low over the years but this was the record that made everything click.

London gig

https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whats-on/129038-low-2018#events

Didn’t really feel like a different direction to me. Think Cmon and The Invisible Way are their weakest albums, possibly alongside Long Division

C’mon has a lot more high points than TIW. Obviously not their strongest, but way off being their weakest

Not sure the Jeff Tweedy production did it any favours

Loved Ones and Sixes mind

I’m likely in a minority but i think the great destroyer is their worst album,
Totally agree with poster above though… everything they’ve done is 8 plus and their very best stuff is pretty flawless. So great live too.
I may have posted this before, but so love that they had the balls to do this.

Bold opinion on TGD!
But I fully agree with that set you linked. They took so much flak for that, but I would have paid a ton to have been there.

OK

Secret Name
Things We Lost in the Fire
I Could Live in Hope
Drums and Guns
Trust
Ones and Sixes
Long Division
The Great Destroyer
The Curtain Hits The Cast
C’mon
Songs For a Dead Pilot
The Invisible Way

There are so few bands who have been around for as long as them still putting out such high quality albums, each one will have at least one song that is amongst their best