Low - Rolling Thread

What the hell

4 Likes

Iā€™m afraid you canā€™t - just got round to letting Mrs Horse know about this and she pointed out weā€™re already booked to see AnaĆÆs Mitchell in Bristol on the same night. Iā€™m destined never to see Low and Iā€™m not at all happy about it. Sorry chief.

I am increasingly destined to see them alone, it would appear. There must be someone else from near Cardiff in this thread who fancies it?

I clearly donā€™t know, then.

1 Like

Guy on the left is Brian Cody, most successful hurling manager ever. Just a very unexpected pair of people to be in a photo. :smiley:

3 Likes

Have @Scagden or @robstation01 received their record? It said released 06.05.22 but Iā€™m not sure if that got pushed back. Emailed Boiler Room on Tuesday but havenā€™t heard back

Nah nothing showing here at all. I assumed it was pushed back but havenā€™t seen anything confirming that.

1 Like

my local record shop has it in stock so itā€™s definitely out

Nothing :cry:

1 Like

Norman Records contacted me to say that Kranky had sent loads less than they originally planned to and they had to cancel my orderā€¦.

Wrong thread :grin:

The best band ever. Canā€™t wait to see them again today!

2 Likes

Will be my first time seeing them!

1 Like

Just realised how much The Besnand Lakes are probably influenced by them

1 Like

Oh thats the first thing I thought of when I heard Besnard Lakes

Got a response but no news about the actual date -

The Low vinyl you ordered has only been released in the United States so far. We have yet to get it from our wholesalers. Due to COVID and strong demand at printing companies, several vinyl releases have been delayed.

1 Like

thought they were slightly wobbly tbh, I know the newer stuff is pretty glitchy but was genuinely not sure if there were technical issues a few times on top of that. Plus maybe they just werenā€™t entirely the vibe for blazing hot sun as my first act of the day (compared to when they played inside the dark cool Auditorum the day before)

that said, they built it up and had some gorgeous tracks and proper hair raising moments, so very glad I saw them and would happily do so again

2 Likes

We wandered off during their outdoor set (after Plastic Cup) as had seen them the day before, but just had a look at the setlist and wish Iā€™d caught those last couple of tracks!

1 Like

Think theyā€™re a bit more tied to what they can do with the new bassist. The two set lists were all taken from their tour set lists.

(Replied to wrong post)

yeah definitely where they peaked