Low - Rolling Thread

I’m not really into The Invisible Way but that’s a fantastic setlist

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

Spent my lunch break watching this film from 2008. It’s pretty nice:

Has anyone seen the 2013 one “how to quit smoking”? Frustratingly hard to Google.

4 Likes

I’ve been listening to a lot of their albums the last few days, as I’m sure a lot of you have. I’m listening to Trust right now, the first Low album I ever heard.

I was driving home back up the M6 from my mum’s after Christmas 2002 (I guess), late at night listening to John Peel’s Festive Fifty and he played (That’s How You Sing) Amazing Grace and I was captivated by it. It’s telling that I don’t remember any other track on the 50 I heard that night, but I can picture the moment I heard this.

I obviously bought the album a couple of days later and to be honest it didn’t grab me straight away, I wasn’t used to this pace of music and initially once Amazing Grace and Canada were over I found the rest a bit of a slog. I don’t think it was until I heard, and loved straight away, The Great Destroyer three years later that I went back to Trust and decided I needed to listen a little harder. It still isn’t my favourite album of theirs but Amazing Grace is still one of my favourite tracks.

I’ve been lucky to have seen them three or four times over the years, the last being 2016 at The Brudenell which was spine tingling! Wish I’d made a bit more of an effort to see them after Double Negative, I’d bought a ticket for November and was, like everyone else hoping against hope that she’d be well enough to make it over.

My heart goes out to Alan and their family.

Cancer is such a c**t isn’t it?

15 Likes

Thinking about getting the ones and sixes tree as a tattoo

2 Likes

Way (well slightly) ahead of you

17 Likes

Awesome! Make sure you post a photo

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about that for a few years, this has just made it certain.

It’s my favourite album of theirs. Did they do the whole album at Primavera one year or am I imagining that…

Edit: i amn’t

7 Likes

That’s not quite true, I remember he also played Half Man Half Biscuit’s “Breaking News” off the Cammell Laird Social Club album :slightly_smiling_face:

Think it’s the only time they played Step live. So glad I was there for it

1 Like

This version of When I Go Deaf is gorgeous

1 Like

Always enjoyed this, a great selection of late 90s-Mid 00s Low classics. Starfire!

God this is such a good idea.

1 Like

This is incredible

1 Like
5 Likes

This has broken my heart and I can’t think about it without welling up.

4 Likes

aww good old rick. he’s so earnest bless him, nice video.

1 Like

Want to submit a Low track for the last round of a music league I’m in, but the theme is narrative driven songs containing great storytelling and I’m not sure that’s exactly their sort of thing. Most of my favourites of theirs are more abstract / poetic.