Low - Rolling Thread

Tattoo booked in for the 3rd of December :+1:

15 Likes

Sorry if this isn’t appropriate, but how much will it cost? I’m thinking of having my first ever tatt and I have no idea how much they are.

120 for mine, which will be six inches long and in black, foreground only.

About 80-100 quid an hour seems to be the standard

3 Likes

Thanks, that’s really helpful. Reckon it’ll look great.

listening to 6music on the way to a gig last night and they played Robert Plant’s live cover of Monkey. Fair play to him for doing it but to my ears it proved that no one should do Low songs except Low. But if it leads some people to their music who weren’t aware previously then I guess that’s good.

5 Likes

Saw him a few weeks back and he did Monkey and Everybody’s Song.
Thought it was good but Low are pretty unique and don’t think anyone could do a truly great cover of them.
Plant actually spoke a bit about Low and said something to the effect of them being one of his favourite acts ever. Hopefully helps more people/new audience find them.

4 Likes

Ahem

1 Like

Nah nowhere near as good as the original imo.
I think if I listen to the original now though given Mimi’s passing that I might cry.

1 Like

Not sure which version I prefer to be honest, but I do think Mavis’s version is genuinely great.

It’s one of their more conventional songs to be fair, I’d agree that a lot of their stuff would be very hard to cover.

On the other hand, they are incredibly good at covering other artists’ songs. They have that rare perfect balance of transforming a song with their style while being true to the spirit of the original.

2 Likes

A beautiful tribute

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClAGlhGIiAE/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

7 Likes

Sorry, can someone c&p this? I’m not on Instagram and so you only get to see the first two images before it boots you off.

Posted here

20 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

That’s a lovely, lovely piece. Thanks for sharing it.

3 Likes

thanks mate, cryin now

2 Likes

Yep. I stupidly read that 5 mins before I was meant to deliver a training session. Took a while to switch gears from that lovely write up.

1 Like

Got this Facebook memory today :cry:

8 Likes

Yesterday for me

4 Likes

I was there too, jeez 12 years ago!

2 Likes