Low - Rolling Thread

Today’s the 12th anniversary of their show at St John’s Church in Coventry. Was a show runner for it - watched it all from the side of the stage. Lullaby was phenomenal that night.

Imgur

Imgur

(Second photo was on the wall of The Tin for a few years.)

16 Likes

one of my favourite Low shows out of many, and one of my favourite ever shows. Thanks for putting it on :smiley:

Regarding their religion - they never tried to push it or even particularly even talk about it too much as far as i know. If people can derive strength and support from something so abstract then all power to them. i’m jealous if anything!

2 Likes

It’s the only time I got to see them live, so it means even more to me now. Starting their set with Lordy was a smart move.

2 Likes

do you have the setlist from that night?

Don’t have a full setlist, but I remember Lordy, Silver Rider, Monkey as the opening trio, $20, Canada, Lullaby (aforementioned), Dinosaur Act, When I Go Deaf and - bit more vaguely - the last three songs being Two-Step, Violent Past and Murderer. Shame it’s the only show from those dates not archived on Setlist.fm.

2 Likes

yeah, really annoying.

That closing was sublime :heart_eyes:

What a bloody setlist eh

2 Likes

I was also at the 2010 Brudenell show. Saw Low lots (starting in the late ‘90’s) and if I had to nominate one show as my favourite of theirs it’s that one - as mentioned bookending the show with Lordy and Two Step doesn’t get much better. I have a big framed poster of that show/ tour which currently in storage due to a recent house move. Sure I’ve posted a pic up here before, maybe in the Listening club thread. It was a really peculiar tour, looks like it was out put together by a booking agent who hadn’t looked at a map before booking the dates. I’ll see if I can dig out the picture again.

2 Likes

Should’ve been seeing em at the best venue in the land tonight

2 Likes

Me too. And tomorrow. Feeling it this weekend.

Booked a weekend away in Malaga as an alternate treat

1 Like
7 Likes