Lower Slaughter Thread

or is it Lowers Laughter?

Lo, wers laughter!

Superb Owl

Saw em years ago with their previous singer (he sings in Garden Centre now) thought they were amazing. Haven’t seen them with the current singer yet

Oh they’re a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

?

Great band. I have a t-shirt and every time I wear it around the future father in law he says, “I’m sure that’s a village y’know.”

This has been my Lower Slaughter anecdote, thanks for reading.

Why do you keep searching for them though?

Maybe it’s @Ruffers doing all the searching!?

Not guilty m’lud. As good as that anecdote is I think it’s only worth telling the once.

It’s no Upper Slaughter, that’s for sure.

Couple of very pretty villages they are.

Perhaps even too pretty.

The one where the wee river runs alongside the road and there’s a church, trees, village green, Cotswold stone houses.

It’s just a massive stereotype of an English village isn’t it? Surprised it’s not overrun with coachloads of tourists actually.

Is this not a village name?

Reminds me of the mad bloke I played on Countdown who, before the game (the first one on my second day of filming) asked me if I’d won my games “through luck… or SLAUGHTER”. I lied and said a bit of both - I didn’t want to play mind games, but I’d beaten one opponent by 90 points. Smashed this bloke too and he wrote a poem about our game which is somewhere on YouTube and highly entertaining. (Turned out he was also my uni housemate’s maths teacher back in the day - small world!)

Are you my father in law?!

Yes. I sat on the bench there and ate a sandwich. True bliss.

Certain parts of the Cotswolds are absolutely rammed with tourists, but the Slaughters were relatively quiet when I went!

Play your future father in law at Countdown and see what happens

Hmm, I think I’d get trounced by either of you tbh, it’d just be different degrees of humiliating defeat. You do look a lot less beardy in the selfie threads tbf so I think I’m safe.

just got an email telling me they are playing in october

do you think they’ve ever played in lower slaughter (the village)