Lucy Dacus

Can we talk about how good this is, please? New album coming early next year with tour.

Her album last year was a favourite too. Any fans?

1 Like

Yeah, really loved “No Burden”, “Strange Torpedo”, especially. Giving this a listen now.

1 Like

Only just heard No Burden this year, but it’s been one of my favourite non-2017 finds. Think I might go see her play when she swings by London in April.

2 Likes

Only three Lucy Dacus posts? For shame! Let’s fix that this young lady has got the goods. Smoky, evocative voice, lyrics way too mature for her scant years, and a proclivity to drop a sludgey 90’s style big muff riff in the midst of her swirling brooding tracks, what’s not to love? Historian, her recent release, is beautiful from beginning to end, check it out. Here is a live cut from it

1 Like

Probably my AOTY at the moment tbh. Bloody love her.

1 Like

^This, to all of it. Between her, Low and Sun June for AOTY for me. She’s the best!

2 Likes

I’m really not feeling the Low album :confused: maybe just need more time with it.

Definitely a strong contender for my AOTY too. Nightshift is so far the best single song I have heard this year. I find every lyric and musical turn in that song just exquisitely placed. She shot straight into the core of what I love about an intelligent, emotionally honest singer/songwriter—from the very first listen. Really can’t sleep on Lucy she isn’t going away anytime soon I can’t wait to hear her develop further.

1 Like

Side note, sun June is ace isn’t it!

So fucking good. Listen to it once a day at least.

1 Like

Sun June played in London last night. I didn’t go because I was basically exhausted and needed a quiet night but ohhhhh I regret this choice a little bit.

Saw her the other month, was good

Saw her at the Arts Centre in Norwich last night. Lovely show.

She has a wonderful voice and really nice, natural stage presence. Finished the show with an unrecorded song about paternal estrangement which had great lyrics.

1 Like
2 Likes

June tour announced. London, Leeds, Nottingham, Edinburgh and Manchester.

Aw man, Voodoo Rooms is a lovely wee venue. Going to that.

1 Like

Missed her twice in Glasgow last year so very pleased by this :slight_smile:

She’s great live. Great voice, band are spot on. Don’t miss.

She is playing the absolute worst venue in Leeds; will have to try and go to Manc.

1 Like