M.I.A. DiSers 2018 Edition

He did. He called me a cunt before telling me to take my music ‘down the chazza’. Halcyon days.

4 Likes

Ooh, I now remember both of these things (and also use chazzer in everyday life myself). If I remember correctly, him calling you a cunt was the very first reply to the thread? Strange man…

That’s the one. A proper gent.

1 Like

It’s worth remembering that he was a man in his 40s (back then!) with a child - dunno how he had the energy for such internet hardmanning tbh tbf…

1 Like

:heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Where’s @slicky?!

2 Likes

Just bumped into Ruffers. He’s alive, well and off to the shops.

31 Likes

I keep thinking I’ve seen him around recently. there was one guy I saw when wandering around dalston who I was so close to talking to before realising it was someone who looked almost nothing like him

1 Like

@Cementimental wafted through my thoughts the other day.

1 Like

he’s always off to the shops that boy.

1 Like

@colon_closed_bracket - be good to hear how you’re getting on
@creakyknees - ditto

3 Likes

My wife bumped into ccb on the train this morning - hes doing well!

8 Likes

Am alive and well :slight_smile:

Took a complete break from pretty much all social media at the beginning of February. Save for the very occasional tweet I’ve kept to it. I think that this place is amazing (I love the ‘rainy day’ idea by the way) but at the same time it fed into some parts of me that I didn’t want fed (anxiety, a disproportionate need to be liked, and so on).

News:

• I got a promotion (on a secondment basis) at the beginning of last month. It’s pretty intense and there’s a whole load of stuff that I haven’t got my head round yet, but I’m enjoying using my brain a bit more.
  • my family are doing well! My eldest daughter still loves Sufjan and has now branched out beyond his Christmas songs. insists on listening to Impossible Soul every time we drive to one of the beaches nearby (it’s about the right length for the car journey).
  • all the daaaaaaaaaays seem lovely at the moment. Your Withervane is not broken.
  • there’s a sign on our local bakers that says ‘CBA’. Stands for the Craft Bakers Association. I keep meaning to take a pic of it.

Think of you all loads x

56 Likes

Miss you! You’re only just dropping off my most liked/replied to charts.

1 Like

thanks for dropping by, hope you come back one day!

Also hope your life continues to be great forever x

4 Likes

was this you?

2 Likes

where’s @shucks?

3 Likes

Right now, he’s at a music festival (Latitude, maybe?).

Where the fuck is Eric

2 Likes

He’s hanging out with his mates dog on instagram, but still. Come back :sob:

2 Likes