M.I.A.

I’ve always meant to check her albums out but for whatever reason never got round to it. Half way through Arular and I am not disappointed. Downloaded the doc to watch over the weekend too. Cheers for starting this thread @vamos

2 Likes

I’m only a casual fan of M.I.A but I found this documentary utterly compelling and movingly candid at times. I think history will be much, much kinder to M.I.A than her contemporaries were.

1 Like

What’s really good about this documentary is that there seemed to be a handheld camera rolling at many of the key points of her career: the first Coachella performance and then backstage as she hears the demands for an encore, MIA playing her music for XL in an attempt to get signed, backstage at the Super Bowl before and after the performance, talking to the NYT journalist before the infamous profile and truffle french fry incident, leaving her home to visit Sri Lanka after finding success…

New track

1 Like

She seems to be having a full on meltdown on Twitter today about 5G installation in her road…