Madrid what are yr top 10 (minimum)

I’m going to Madrid soon, what are for instance your top 10 (minimum) places where beer and the like please. I’m staying near Opera.

La Tienada de la Cerveza
La Osita
Chinaski Lavapies
Fogg bar
Brew wild pizza bar
Bee beer
The stuyck co
beerhouse craftbeer bar
taproom madrid
fabrica maravillas
1862 dry bar for cocktails

I liked the areas around plaza del dos de mayo and la latina best, but the whole city is brilliant

1 Like

Bar Maloka - amazing Brazilian cocktail bar whose owner has set up the bar with Candomblé decorations. cocktails are cheap, strong and delicious, and vibes are always great. one of my top bars in the world. Bar Caminito nearby is good for a beer and snack too.

Guru Lab for some incredibly inventive cocktails and food, for which you’ll probably need to book ahead. Salmon Guru for more much more tourist centric cocktails a few doors down.

Mercardo De Maravillas for amazing South American snacks.

1 Like

Will double the recommendation of La Osita too

Very impressed by anyone being able to even name 10 bars in a city that they don’t live in

7 Likes

Parque el Retiro to annoy the cats

1 Like

Would struggle to name individual places, but barely went to a bad place while I was there, amazing city.

La Campana for calamares sandwich and big olives
Pez tortilla for tortilla
in fact, a few good bars on c de la cava baja in general
Peninsula in las letras is good for craft beer
Manero is good for ‘alt tapas’. probs full of tourists but w/e
you wanna go to El Charoles for cocido though
don’t rate callos from Madrid so can’t recommend any good places for that.
La Dolores for a pwoppa facking booze up

in general, Lavapies and Malasña are nice to mooch around.

idk, there’s loads of international stuff in Madrid - think there’s even a Mikkeller bar now, what’s the point in going if you not gonna try cocido and drink mahou.

1 Like

btw pez tortilla is a bit of a ‘purists’ tortilla place - i.e. super fucking runny, but I really like that shit so whatever.

yeah, difficult go to wrong around the centre tbh. even the tourist trap places are actually okay.

don’t be tempted to try Madrid’s ‘china town’ though. Usera is an absolute boring shithole.

1 Like

oh also, go to la gatoteca if you like cats. the blokes who run it are weirdos, but you get free coffee. from a machine, but still.

1 Like

Ran out of time to do Usera, very pleased now

1 Like

Ah I loved pez tortilla. Had cocido in Casa Jacinta, which was bloody good.

1 Like

Was talking to a student of mine from Madrid and he also rates Casa Dani for tortilla. @ricardomotorbike too. Never been so doesn’t have the prof seal of approval obvs

1 Like

He also thinks La Bola is the best place for cocido. Again, not been, but I love cocido and the best I’ve had outside Galiza can be found at el charoles

1 Like

Sorted. Hitting up 100 Montaditos with the lads then heading to Chinatown for arroz chinos.

2 Likes

I reckon I could name about 15-20 in the city I do live in

1 Like

That’s only two places wtf

Yeah same and I’m a real pubhead!

*pubehead

2 Likes