Main Weekly Football Thread - FOOTBALL!

Fuck me. This is why we are the worst cup team in England (probably the world) 11 changes and down to 10 men. Losing to Bury at home. Tyler Walker bagged a hat-trick, which is very nice to hear.

1 Like

Celtic out of CL - be interesting if they ended up playing Rangers in Europa…

Back to back defeats for Brentdan then

2 Likes

This multiple threads thing is going really well imo

6 Likes

An unqualified success

Disappointed to see

out of the

Good luck to them in the

for the rest of the season.

23 Likes

Was at Elland Road. Didn’t think we were all that compared to the last two games but it was decent enough, and most of the loanees looked hungry for game time and at least competent. Jack Harrison from City in particular looks a player.

Still the right approach though. Good moments of individual quality, if (understandably) things not clicking as much.

Favourite thing was we were holding onto a one-goal lead and we were still pushing up, playing a high-line, dominating the ball and pressing aggressively to the last minute. The same approach throughout. Feel like everything I’ve ever known about football would see the leading team instinctively dropping deeper and allowing them to come onto them. It’s only Bolton, but I don’t think I can remember a Leeds manager who would’ve had the team see the game out that way.

Absolutely wonderful

Was going to mention it here the other day, but on that note Helder Costa has basically doubled in size over the summer…

still think they’re good
niche league chat in the specific threads where there’s room for discussion, if something becomes lamestream or someone thinks of some bantz then stick it in here

Reckon non league and Scotland make sense, maybe. But a separate thread for champions league is very silly

1 Like

Agreed.

I mean, Rooney used to do that every season and I’m not sure it had anything to do with the doctor.

1 Like

Zaha stays!

Delighted, he was always going to stay anyway, he already had a four year contract and it was just crap unsubstantiated quotes form the Mirror and Mail.

The Mail claim he’s now on £130k a week, and is our highest paid player which is strange considering they claimed we were paying Max Mayer £170k a week.

Already had four years remaining on his old contract

You might be right he probably will go next summer, but I think he’s going to have a storming season and we’re going to have a great season. If we somehow get into Europe (like Burnley), he’s stay, if not he’ll go with most Palace fans blessing.

No release clause either. Absolutely delighted.

De Bruyne’s done his knee ligaments. Could be out for up to a fortnight

8 Likes

That’s shat the fantasy team right up. Selfish bastard.

Bernardo silva looks pretty tempting now though

2 Likes