Make a Best Of for your favourite band

I would do a Koz one but limiting to 60 mins means about 6 tracks

i’m sure that’s plenty for a newbie!

6 tracks! As i thought!

Over by a minute (again). If anyone’s looking for a song to start with…then it should be Another Radio Song.

Love doing these…reminds me how much I love certain bands

3 Likes

No Benji?

The Blood Brothers

• Doctor! Doctor!
  • James Brown
  • Every Breath Is A Bomb
  • Six Nightmares At The Pinball Masquerade
  • I Know Where The Canaries and Crows Go
  • Love Rhymes With Hideous Carwreck
  • Crimes
  • Rats and Rats and Rats For Candy
  • We Ride Skeletal Lightning
  • Camouflage Camouflage
  • Johnny Ripper
  • Giant Swan
3 Likes

also I would like to request any REM fans to do one which doesnt include any singles if that is possible

2 Likes

Made easier by not having Moon & Antarctica on Spotify

1. Dramanine
  2. Custom Concern
  3. Heart Cooks Brain
  4. Cowboy Dan
  5. Trailer Trash
  6. Interstate 8
  7. Baby Blue Sedan
  8. Float On
  9. Ocean Breathes Salty
  10. Dashboard
  11. Spitting Venom
  12. The Best Room
4 Likes

No room! But michelline and carissa would have made it…

1 Like

The length of his songs make it an impossible task - you could conceivably have only three on the best of if you include his recent output.

I don’t disagree with any of your inclusions, but tough to omit Summer Dress, San Geronimo, Grace Cathedral Park, Birds of Flims, Last Night I Rocked The Room…, Beautiful You & Somehow The Wonder of Life Prevails. Aaargh!

Ok, here’s a shot at the Pumpkins. It’s also just over an hour, within a minute. It’s a nebulous mix of gut feel, personal favorites, “objective”, not over-representing a particular album, and adhering to the rules. I also didn’t include any of the singles since we’ve all heard them (and I think only “1979” and “33” could have made it anyway). Also since it’s a masterpiece and got a reissue, Pisces Iscariot counts as a proper album.

• Hummer
  • Mayonaise
  • Hello Kitty Kat
  • Starla
  • Fuck You (An Ode to No One)
  • Muzzle
  • Thru the Eyes of Ruby
  • Behold! The Night Mare
  • For Martha
  • Wound

There are truly thousands of ways this could have gone. Greatest of all time.

3 Likes

I made a British Sea Power list - 12 songs, 60 mins. Very difficult as I love nearly every track on their first 3 records.

4 Likes

It’s really one of the best songs I’ve ever heard, the tension just keeps escalating and escalating. New bands should be required to study that second half.

2 Likes

all you 1-minute-overs, back to the drawing board please!

1 Like

Still remember the first time I heard it and being dumfounded by why it was shoved onto the BSB Appendix.

Didn’t realise until a few years after that it was an update of “For the Captain”…though that version isn’t anywhere near as powerful.

1 Like

Shut it down, mods

1 Like

Ok, I’ll trade in “For Martha” for “Blank Page” + “Sweet Sweet”. Exactly an hour, and “Sweet Sweet” shows that Billy’s also a master of the short song. I remembering hearing a really violent show (I think Minneapolis 94 maybe) where he ended things by doing an a cappella version of it amidst the remaining traces of the “Silverfuck” feedback. It was incredible.

• Hummer
  • Mayonaise
  • Hello Kitty Kat
  • Starla
  • Fuck You (An Ode to No One)
  • Muzzle
  • Thru the Eyes of Ruby
  • Behold! The Night Mare
  • Blank Page
  • Wound
  • Sweet Sweet

here’s TKC’s as a playlist:

12 tracks, 44mins!

might check this out myself as I really struggle with their pre-piano island material

2 Likes

i was just kidding but bless ya!

1 Like

Oo cheers!

You should check the older stuff out . its not as imaginative and somes a bit samey but theres some great stuff. Johnny has this really great snarl and venom as opposed to the higher pitched stuff. Theres a song called Mutiny on the Ark of the Blood Brothers where he does this groan which is so menacing