Make a Best Of for your favourite band

haha, mm, I couldn’t really advise on that, given I was like 15/16 when I got into them/that style. It did take me a while too but it also floored me immediately

Ok, for whatever fucking reason it appears to be working now, so enjoy! @TAFH33

1 Like

I have thoroughly enjoyed your struggle in getting this shit posted. admirable perseverance against all odds, it’s been like watching daniel bryan overcome the authority all over again

2 Likes

haha,I’ll take that comparison any day of the week.

It was so fucking infuriating though, and the thing is, i DIDN’T EVEN DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT THIS TIME It just decided to work.

So you know, you wanks better listen to it now…

(also if a @moderators could come clean this mess up that would be appreciated :wink: )

1 Like

yeah I think the forum software or spotify were playing up yesterday as it wasn’t loading in the preview window for me either. obvs didn’t tell you that because I wanted to see how many times you would post it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I’d probably have to have 200x and Don’t Show Us Your Fangs, but good list. Shopping is such a tune

1 Like

Leaves Me Blind and Dream It Down are their two masterpieces, imo. Having said that, I’ve been listening to every single release of theirs in chronological order over the last week or so, because they’re touring my way next month, and returning to them on the back of 20-something years of plays, those two didn’t get me as excited as some of the others. Not sure whether that’s just overexposure, or if it’s because they’re not as fresh and refreshing against a contemporary musical landscape as they were back then.

At any rate, Leaves Me Blind is more rocking and guitar-based. Dream It Down is more tasty electronica. I actually fired up Spotify and discovered that all their albums are on it, so you can listen for yourself if you feel so inclined.

Yeah, it’s really hard to choose just 12 and so much had to be left off. I could do at least another couple of sold gold ‘best ofs/intros’.

isn’t pitcher of summer their best song?

Seems to be very much a marmite thing, some fans really hate it. I dont mind it personally but Choirs isnt on spotify and i’d choose marathon or manifold over it any day! Manifold is arguably their best song for me.

1 Like

Haha thanks! I listened to Heaven Is Earth again last night and had forgotten especially how good the first two songs are. I’ll start going through this once I’m back on a computer that can handle Spotify, this old iPad is killing me.

1 Like

That whole record is amazing, can’t believe how little it is talked about

1 Like

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah:

2 Likes

16 songs, 59 mins

The Sick Bed of Cuchuliann
Turkish Song Of The Damned
If I Should Fall from Grace With God
The Old Main Drag
Summer In Siam
Sally MacLennane
Wild Cats Of Kilkenny
I’m A Man You Don’t Meet Everyday
The Gentleman Soldier
Dirty Old Town
Misty Morning, Albert Bridge
A Pair Of Brown Eyes
Thousands Are Sailing
A Rainy Night In Soho
Fairytale Of New York
The Band Played Waltzing Matilda

3 Likes

12 tracks OR 60 mins!!! lose 4 songs please!!

Impossible really, but here’s my 14 track GH of The Cure, using as many of their albums as possible.

Boys Don’t Cry
Play For Today
A Strange Day
A Night Like This
Inbetween Days
Just Like Heaven
Lovesong
Lullaby
Disintegration
From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea
Friday I’m In Love
Want
Strange Attraction
The Hungary Ghost

:man_facepalming:

7 Likes

Bloody hell - just seen the 12 track rule - will amend.

1 Like

Boys Don’t Cry
:pick:
A Strange Day
A Night Like This
Inbetween Days
Just Like Heaven
Lovesong
Lullaby
Disintegration
From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea
Friday I’m In Love