Make a Best Of for your favourite band

so many bangers. would have fuck armageddon on there somewhere myself though, probs instead of sorrow.

That was the last song I cut lol. Could never get rid of Sorrow tho. It’s a perfectly structured pop punk track. A bit of an outlier in their catalog sure but shows they have some range.

1 Like

too many great songs it was only going to feel like it was missing something :slight_smile:

clearly everyone should own and cherish all of their albums and songs, true.

1 Like

You know who else is impossible? Sleater-Kinney:

1. Start Together
  2. Fangless
  3. Entertain
  4. Leave You Behind
  5. One More Hour
  6. Modern Girl
  7. Stay Where You Are
  8. The Professional
  9. One Beat
  10. Bury Our Friends
  11. What If I Was Right? (from Jackson’s Jukebox comp, c.2000)
  12. Get Up

They’re another band for whom 12 tracks is a really tight squeeze, as a lot of their tunes whip through several ideas in like 2:30.

If I were making the rules, I would have just imposed a time limit - say 60 minutes) and allowed people to fill up the time with as many or as few tracks as they wanted.

miss this band

1 Like

Naa, just those ones are my favourites really. Couldn’t find a studio version of Potato Junkie though.

Heart this song SO MUCH. Great list.

1 Like

I’d have to have ‘Living in the shadow of a terrible thing on there’ and probably some songs from Never Apologies , Never Explain. That’s a favorite of mine.

1 Like

Yea this man, its an incredible lp (and the are a superb band…if hard to keep track of!) I thought it would ‘make them’ to be honest but it never took off.looking forward to the next one.

Nice playlist!

1 Like

Good shout on Never Apologise actually. Rock You Monkeys. Here Be Monsters should be on there I reckon.

The rules are good, IMO, they stop people from making 30-track playlists that no-one would actually listen to.

Dylan in 60… (ordered for flow, rather than ranked)

All Along the Watchtower
Subterranean Homesick Blues
Visions of Johanna
Masters of War
Like a Rolling Stone
Shelter from the Storm
I Want You
Not Dark Yet
The Times they are A-changin’
Blind Willie McTell
Changing of the Guards
Ballad of a Thin Man

…of course, Desolation Row would be on a list that disregarded the time limit and for what it’s worth the live version of Ballad of a Thin Man from No Direction Home is one of the better performances of anything. Also pains me to leave off It Ain’t Me Babe.

3 Likes

They’re not exactly my favourite, but i like them (a lot)… so here are 12 of my favourite Marilyn Manson songs…

Doubt anyone will listen to it…

2 Likes

With demand from absolutely no-one here’s the Wave Pictures:

They’ve pretty good coverage on Spotify, but with the full discography I’d probably have included Long Island (off Sophie, the debut) and swapped the version of Now You Are Pregnant with Jonny singing for the one with David. They also have some pretty special cover versions (particularly the Springsteen and Molina ones), probably easier that I didn’t have those available to choose from. Couldn’t find any space for anything from their last three albums.

1 Like

thanks, hope my terrible job of sharing it didn’t put people off!

Your perseverance should encourage people more!

The Coral. Genuine heartfelt love for this band. 12 songs. 36 minutes. Worth a crack. IMHO.

Spanish Main
I Remember When
Shadows Fall
Dreaming Of You
Jacqueline
Don’t Think You’re The First
In The Forest
Skeleton Key
Bill McCai
In The Morning
Rebecca You
Pass It On

4 Likes

The Bronx
12 tracks, no idea but very very much doubt over 60 mins

1. Shitty Future
  2. False Alarm
  3. Inveigh
  4. Transsexual Blackout
  5. Too Many Devils
  6. They Will Kill Us All (Without Mercy)
  7. History’s Stranglers
  8. Six Days a Week
  9. Mouth Money
  10. Under the Rabbit
  11. Around the Horn
  12. Strobe Life

Fuckin RAWK @shucks

1 Like