šŸŗ Make a small donation to help keep DiS online

Excellent, Iā€™ll set it up on 28th payday :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Welcome!

2 Likes

I have a monthly donation going, will try and up it a few quid. Would pay a monthly subscription just for the Rolling Hip Hop thread tbh. Also keen to make a donation now. Is there any way to donate aside from PayPal? Canā€™t get into my PayPal account for some reason

Set up a monthly via PayPal. Iā€™ve wanted to help out for years, just not able to until recently.

2 Likes

Set up a monthly donation. Iā€™ve been an irregular visitor and even more irregular poster over the years but the Music League has got me more involved and got me thinking itā€™s about time I supported the site. Keep up the good work @sean

Should we do a raffle for DiS costs, like weā€™ve done for the hardship fund in the past?

Anon poll:

• I would buy raffle tickets
  • I would donate a prize
  • I wouldnā€™t participate/donā€™t think itā€™s a good idea

0 voters

2 Likes

Should have added:

• I would help to organise this

0 voters

(Also anon)

1 Like

I was gonna also say maybe suggest Fantasy Euros, or predictor or sweepstake, with like Ā£5 entry, 50% prize fund 50% to servers

5 Likes

If anyone whoā€™s voted wonā€™t participate/not a good idea would be willing to share some thoughts if they actually think itā€™s a bad idea (in here or in a DM), it would be really helpful. But no pressure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Err i have clicked this by accident ffs

1 Like

Anon polls are legally binding mate

1 Like

I like this plan!

Done some polls here

Could whoever voted yes on this (except @Unlucky) please DM me? :blush:

dunno what the legality is about something like that? if itā€™s under a certain amount is it fine? no idea

but you probably have to tread carefully with stuff that could be considered gambling / betting

Increased my monthly contribution. Thanks for keeping this place going :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems like a lot of people are using Ko-fi. I used it the other day and it was easy to navigate from the perspective of giving.

PayPal might be the most efficient way in terms of minimal % taken by the service (itā€™s how I do my monthly DiS sub) but a lot of people donā€™t/canā€™t use PayPal. Youā€™re always hearing about people getting their account closed, or getting locked out of it, etc, or people saying how the way to do it wasnā€™t clear.

Is there any reason not to have that set up as an option for recieving funds? Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I havenā€™t heard of ko-fi before. Iā€™ll look into it.

Iā€™ll also do a Facebook fundraiser again soon.

1 Like

@sean Is there any advantage to DiS if we use this new system instead of PayPal? (Iā€™ve got a repeating PP donation atm.) Or does DiS get the money in the end so weā€™re all good?

1 Like

PayPal donations come to DiS and will help the other half of our monthly running costs that arenā€™t the forums and also pay off some debts.

Discourse donations go to them direct for now. Depending how well the funding goes, that might change a little.

3 Likes