Manchester Arena explosion

you see, I can’t even respond to this without being the one who is ‘bringing politics in here’

I replied in the other thread

You don’t need to bring politics in. You made something up, then accepted you were wrong, and then decided to make something up again, purely to push a political point. It’s not needed in a thread like this.

2 Likes

I don’t know why you’re replying in here - people telling me to take it to the other thread, I took it to the other thread, you’re still replying in here ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah just saw that, wasn’t aware of it sorry. Won’t reply to this in here from hereon in

morrissey’s an insufferable prick, fuck him. ive not read what hes written and have no desire to, but i can fucking imagine

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Political implications of the Manchester attack

good call. makes me ashamed to love his music

fortunately for me i dont even have this problem :smiley:

5 Likes

I read what Morrissey wrote. At first I thought “Oh, that’s not as bad as some are saying”, but then I realised that it’s what he isn’t saying that’s the problem. It’s pure dog whistle, and the replies underneath suggest that it’s working.

Also, it’s monumentally twatty to imply that politicians are shielded from this stuff given what happened in the run up to last year’s referendum.

I think this is it - the very, very, very last straw. I’ve loved his music for years, and one of his shows inspired me to make a significant life decision. But I just can’t tolerate this. I can’t shake with anger over Hopkins in the morning before rolling my eyes when Morrissey says essentially the same in the morning.

2 Likes

The problem is that, fundamentally broken or not, he’s still hugely inspirational. Many can now say “oh, it’s what EVERYONE’S thinking.”

1 Like

Morrissey didn’t write any of the Smiths’ music and he’s always been a tool.

I am hopeless Morrissey apologist, and in most cases can just about defend him. But this one was odd. I wasn’t totally against the initial sentiment, then you get stuff like “In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private”, which could be lifted straight from a Britain First post, and it all falls apart.

Bloody hell Morrissey.

The irony being that he said this in his statement and… he hid behind his refusal to explicitly say what he thinks as well. Just mentioned Theresa May’s immigration policies and that’s it. A cowardly piece of writing from a cowardly man.

6 Likes

Yeah, is really pathetic. I hate being told what people think I think, even when they are right, but when they are wrong too, well, fuck off!

my favourite smiths song is the placebo cover of bigmouth strikes again

i dont like the original

1 Like

edit

1 Like

Also quite noticeable that the highest rated comment is by Paul Joseph Watson

1 Like

I had to Google that name. Hmm!

This is quite amusing

1 Like

That was quite amusing.

1 Like