🍻 Manchester dis meet 05/02 💅

As discussed in what now seems to be a general all purpose Manchester thread we’re having a little meet in Manchester on Saturday the 5th.

Looks like later afternoon/evening is winning out (sorry @songforsaturday :sob:)

Location is not set, imagine we should book something for the Saturday evening after covid has been eradicated. Anyone got any suggestions?

Obviously anyone is welcome! Tagging those that have said yes/maybe @scout @aggpass @svenrokk @tilly @jamos @anon95374812 @tvdenimchap @bobrickerton @jaguarpirate (:wink:) @jont2001 @tkc

nice one

5 Likes

IN!

2 Likes

This place is great

https://www.ec-ancoats.com/

1 Like

Looks well fancy! Is it the sort of place loads of scruffy people can talk about boring things loudly? :smiley:

Well I’ll be scruffy, don’t want to speak for everyone

can confirm i too will be scruffy

Yes the back room is lush and they’ve allowed me in being loud and scruffy and nerdy. It’s much more chilled than it looks.

4 Likes

Ace, have shot em an email

1 Like

It has a bit of a sexy gentleman goth vibe to it so I’m going to be dressed like this and drinking things that are alight

count-dracula-vlad-the-impaler-42594-normal

4 Likes

Hi Tuna,

I’m afraid we don’t take reservations for just drinks, and tables downstairs are on a first come basis. You’re still welcome to come and claim tables as they become available.
Hope to see you then

:scream_cat:

2 Likes

yes

2 Likes

Really wanna come to this but I doubt I’ll have the energy to go back in to town after coming home for West :frowning: sorry lads.

Are we still gonna chance it and try for a table there?

My knowledge of pubs in the center is limited to the Peer Hat from when we did the Dis State night so I don’t have many alternatives, but happy to go wherever

Yep, @scout is planning to head down to the Edinburgh Castle at around 5ish and reckons we’ll be fine for a table - going to be full on winging it mode, hope everyone is okay with that :smiley: - will communicate on here if the plan changes! Extra time dependent we should be able to be there for about 5:30 from the emptihad, expect to see a fully cordoned off section by that point

3 Likes

My previous weekend plans which meant I couldn’t make it have fallen through due to being in Norfolk, is it okay if I tag along relatively last minute? No more than 3 worries if not

5 Likes

I’m going to be in Shakey Wakey this weekend, have one for me though!

1 Like

Tuna and Aggers walking through Manchester praying Scout’s secured the table

1 Like

: beer emoji :

[“here comes trouble”.jpg]

3 Likes

woo!

Reckon Fulham fans will be held back for a couple of hours to try to avoid the inevitable trouble.

Not too sure what time I’ll get over to Ancoats, hopefully sometime between 6 and 7.

2 Likes