Manic Street Preachers - New Album

“In the beginni-hing
When we were winning
When our smiles were genooowin”

“The world is full of refugees
They’re just like you and just like me”

:grimacing:

3 Likes

Nobody Loved You is absolutely 100% nowhere near the worst song on the album, presumably something or other about the lyrics (it’s about Richey innit?) must be the issue, maybe the family didn’t like it? (Hard to think they would casually withdraw a song about Richey if the family liked it??)

1 Like

Yeah, it’s odd. Ditching ‘Underdogs’ from SATT was understandable, because that song is probably a career low-point.

I’m sure it’ll all come out as they do their media rounds over the next few weeks.

Also has a massive glaring production error at the start of the second verse…!

Weird that it was the promo to kick off that era. I have it as a vinyl single, somewhere.

This has got to be the last played in full tour for them right? I don’t think even the most dedicated fan could stomach Generation Terrorists from start to finish…

Lifeblood in full lol

Yes to both.

2 Likes

have never listened to BtS all that much but gonna get a ticket for this seeing as it’s in the Workmans.

Bloc Party are somehow managing to fill 3arena tonight doing Silent Alarm. it’s not even an anniversary! and i don’t think they’ve managed to coax back the two guys who’ve fucked off

i don’t mind the full album show thing but find bands who do it ALL THE TIME a bit strange

Fuckin hell. Its not even a classic album (come at me Dis!), but that’s ridiculous. Arcade Fire eventually sold it out after many months this year. Is Russell in the band or is he gone too?
Aye has to be an anniversary And a great album. Manics doing it all the time now is a bit much. Still if Wedding Present do Bizarro in Belfast I’m there! :grin::+1:

Russell is still there but the drummer and bassist are long gone. i say ‘fill’, i’ve no idea how well its sold and can’t imagine it’s near capacity but seems mad that they’re playing there in 2018.

i forgot The Wedding Present do full album tours all the time, but i feel like they’re at a low enough level to get away with it without it being a big ‘thing’. not really sure why they re-recorded George Best though.

1 Like

Doing Bizarro next year, 30th anniversary. Saw them do the 21st anniversary :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Just had a brief listen to This Is My Truth, been a some years since I heard it.

3:28 in to black dog still it’s best moment for me Clive. Some seriously heavy clangers on it

1 Like

might make a thread about this

1 Like

Consider yourself come at!

That said, yeah, would have no interest in seeing it played by only half the band. It’s one thing when it’s GBV or BTS and the line-up changed a lot. Bloc Party had the same 4 people for all 4 of their albums, so would feel really weird them all changed up now.

2 Likes

denying the existence of the last one, eh? don’t blame you based on the singles.

tbf i loved Silent Alarm at the time but i haven’t listened to it properly in about a decade.

1 Like

According to wiki Pitchfork gave the album 9.5 in 2001

Pleasingly similar colours to the TiMTTmY album cover.

7 Likes

Dear God, I hope Blur aren’t planning a Great Escape in full tour in retaliation, although they might have to pull in Ken Livingstone for Ernold Same to actually make a worse prospect :grimacing:

I would watch the hell out of that (not the Ken Livingstone bit).

3 Likes

WTF is wrong with TGE?

3 Likes