Mansplaining

Inspired by this tweet

Really made me laugh. Had so many over the years, so very many.

Highlights include a customer in the pub telling me in GREAT DETAIL how to pour a pint to Guiness, with his reasoning being his great grandad was Irish. Sound, I’m descended from pirates but I’m not claiming to know how to sail a boat.

Men explaining to me why the band who’s T-shirt I’m wearing are good. I… I know? Obviously?

Oh and the stone cold classic of a man explaining why mansplaining doesn’t actually exist. Assumed he was doing a bit, but he wasn’t doing a bit. At all.

Fun!

6 Likes

It’s spelt Guinness

20 Likes

Kermit your avatar is some sort of animal eating an egg

1 Like

:smiley: oh god damnit

11 Likes

Obviously not the same but i absolutely adore the ‘talking to a friend or loved one like a taxi driver when you’re a passenger in their car’ bit. One of the best bits.

3 Likes

I’ve encountered a few instances where I’ve seen someone mansplain something, interrupt themselves to make a comment along the lines of “oh god, this is me mansplaining isn’t it” and then continue to do so anyway.

7 Likes

Oh yeah, when they start they can’t stop in my experience.
Or when you say “you’re mansplaining this a bit mate” and they say “yeah, but…”
I quite enjoy staring through them and slowly blinking as if I’m falling asleep

3 Likes

Best was the bloke on that guardian article mansplaining what a vagina is to a female gynecologist. Then explaining what mansplaining is when he was called out for it

6 Likes

:smiley: hyacinth is one of my idols, can do no wrong IMO. I try to emulate her every day.

5 Likes

“what time you on to tonight mate?“

5 Likes

Heard an english guy explaining Ireland to a woman in a bookshop the other day

“Ireland’s actually two countries, Dublin’s the capital of the southern part”

10 Likes

Not the dumbest, but the most infuriating:

when chatting to a deeply obnoxious guy who had years earlier introduced me to the idea of Britpop, I said to him that I’d done my (first class) dissertation on Cool Britannia with particular focus on Britpop, and he tried to mansplain the basics of Britpop to me… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I remember explaining to a friend (who was a man tbf) that he’d need to turn the bread over on the grill. Yeah I think he knew that.

1 Like
10 Likes

Oh OH OH OH the one I’ve had the most is men coming up to me in bars and saying “that tattoo on your arm is a character from Futurama.”
HOLY SHIT PAUL IS IT?! I HAD NO IDEA

21 Likes

Which character is it?

Bart

11 Likes

Slurms McKenzie, but wearing a suit :slight_smile:

8 Likes

His partying days are long behind him now

4 Likes

JFC

1 Like