Mansplaining

:smiley: hyacinth is one of my idols, can do no wrong IMO. I try to emulate her every day.

5 Likes

“what time you on to tonight mate?“

5 Likes

Heard an english guy explaining Ireland to a woman in a bookshop the other day

“Ireland’s actually two countries, Dublin’s the capital of the southern part”

10 Likes

Not the dumbest, but the most infuriating:

when chatting to a deeply obnoxious guy who had years earlier introduced me to the idea of Britpop, I said to him that I’d done my (first class) dissertation on Cool Britannia with particular focus on Britpop, and he tried to mansplain the basics of Britpop to me… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I remember explaining to a friend (who was a man tbf) that he’d need to turn the bread over on the grill. Yeah I think he knew that.

1 Like
10 Likes

Oh OH OH OH the one I’ve had the most is men coming up to me in bars and saying “that tattoo on your arm is a character from Futurama.”
HOLY SHIT PAUL IS IT?! I HAD NO IDEA

21 Likes

Which character is it?

Bart

11 Likes

Slurms McKenzie, but wearing a suit :slight_smile:

8 Likes

His partying days are long behind him now

4 Likes

JFC

1 Like

A lot like human lefts

3 Likes

Salting you’re watermelon actually makes it sweeter

Wait a minute what

10 Likes

Had a male doctor (professor) that I was working with and who knew full well that I have a PhD in immunology sit for about 20 minutes and explain in excruciatingly basic detail what neutrophils and macrophages are (GCSE level stuff). Really couldn’t believe it and it still irks me to this day that I was expected to just sit there and take it because he was my senior.

1 Like

I guiltily enjoy getting to a point in a friendship where I can “post-mansplain” – so I can say to a friend who is a teacher that “a school is where children go and learn”

4 Likes

Yeah, my Gran’s grandparents (or something like that) were pirates

There’s a guy I work with who pretends to not quite be sure of things so he can explain them to us in what he thinks is a non patronising way. The term he most does this with is BAME.

‘BAME, so, if I’m right that’s, Black, Asian and minority ethnic, yeah?’ and he says it really slowly so we can, I guess, write it down. Phew, thanks for that.

1 Like

woah woah woah. pedal back. womansplain to me about this please. oh i see senor has already covered this

2 Likes