Worst: the souvenir / I saw the devil

1 Like

Seen: 31
New to me: 20
At the cinema: 11
Best: 5/5 - Portrait of a Lady on Fire, Parasite, Uncut Gems, The Lighthouse
Worst: 1/5 - Raise Your Voice, Cats

interesting seeing people giving Uncut Gems a 5

I’ve decided not to give out any 5s to films on the 1st viewing. I’ve watched Uncut Gems twice now but I don’t think I’m ready to up it to a 5 yet

Having said that I gave Barry Lyndon a 5 on 1st viewing but it’s Kubrick innit

It’s one of my favourite viewing experiences of all time imo

Yeah, I had a few days unwell and rinsed some films, plus the family went camping without me over half term, but I’ve watched an awful lot this year. Roll on March, but not The Jesus Rolls.

my main motivation for using the app is my shit memory though - when I reviewed my stats I had to look up a couple of films to remind myself what they were, and these are films I’ve watched this year. It’s horrific

yeah no doubt it’s an amazing film - I’ve just decided my films need to earn their 5s over multiple viewings over the years

I’d give my Letterboxd stats for the month but I am awful at rating films and give almost everything 3-4 stars in the end

Are you just manually getting Letterboxd stats or does the app do it for you?

Apart from that sentence you said just now where you contradicted that completely? :wink:

i dont fkn know mate i cant figure it out

2 Likes

i logged 218 films last year and haven’t logged a single one this year, quite annoyed at myself but found it to be a bit of a faff overall

Did mine manually but if anyone asks I definitely got the computer to do this for me autonomously

1 Like

You can log when you watched it and whether you watched it before. I had to count the cinema visits manually though, no idea how to state that.

2 Likes

Just on browser but I just clicked on profile and it says the total for this year. Then sorted by rating for my highs and lows

1 Like

You can tag it but I just did a manual count as I knew it was pretty low

I just watched Robocop

3 Likes

Is this your letterboxd stats summary for the ytd (year to date)

I’m trying hard to embrace all 5*s

1 = irredeemable shit which makes me feel like the filmmakers are insulting me
2 = mostly shit but I got through it at least without getting too angry. Has something I like in it somewhere
3 = I watched the whole thing and was entertained or diverted at least but I am in no hurry to ever see it again
4 = a proper good film. I will watch this film again at some point in the future probably
5 = solid gold. Something that can be returned to again and again over the years

Nah, just an unrelated update to let my friends know that I just watched Robocop