March EFL thread

How are your favourite EFL team getting on?

Oxford smashed 4 past Burton today. Sam Baldock was an inspired signing, and he’s making Matty Taylor play even better. We’re in 4th, and looking irresistible. Can’t wait for the collapse :crazy_face:

1 Like

Beat Luton 2-1 after a patchy period. Watching EFL on quest for the first time this season as we speak; Neco Williams hit the bar from the halfway line.

1 Like

Forest are doing really well! We have a tough cup tie with Huddersfield on Monday coming up… I’m excited!

It’ll be interesting to see what happens next year. We have five loaners in the first team and a couple of academy

1 Like

Wigan keep on picking up points. Strange situation at the top of league 1 where suddenly Rotherham look vulnerable and MK franchise are making a surge. Wigan still have two games in hand against most teams, but have the distraction of the pizza trophy semi final on Tuesday. Big game next sat when it’s franchise vs Wigan.

1 Like

Ipswich resurgent under McKenna in League 1, but somehow consistently 9th and in “touching distance” of the POs rather than gaining traction.

Probably had too much left to do, but if we keep up current form (2nd/3rd in form table since he came in) we might sneak 6th. We’ve got several of the other PO contenders over the coming weeks which will determine things.

A note - we still have the highest away following across the whole of the EFL. There’s such a desperation for this to work out for us.

1 Like

If you’d told me back in September that we’d be one win away from an FA Cup quarter final and in with a good shout of making the play-offs I’d have queried what you’d been taking.

The transformation from watching a Forest side under Houghton that I really couldn’t see staying up, that were so negative and joyless to watch, too where we are now under Cooper is phenomenal. The club is buzzing.

Priority number one come the summer, no mattter what happens, is to keep Cooper.

2 Likes

How’s morsy getting on?

He’s running the games for us - missed him massively after he got a retrospective ban for an off the ball (non)incident a few weeks back.

Scored his first for us yesterday to break the deadlock. Summary: he’s getting on very well!

1 Like

Blimey

Picture10

1 Like

This is gonna be chaos :smiley:

2 Likes

Our run-in is terrifying tbf

Reckon we either come out of that run 2nd or about 11th.

Another win for Ipswich last night - averaging 2.14 pts/game under McKenna…

Ipswich Town have now taken more points from Kieran McKenna’s first 14 games in charge (30) than they did from their opening 23 matches of the campaign under Paul Cook and John McGreal (29).

Last night’s 2-0 home win against Lincoln made it 10 cleans sheets under his management. The Blues are unbeaten in nine. The Northern Irishman’s incredible record so far now reads: W9 D3 L2 F19 A5.

1 Like

Think that form could see you hit the playoffs, but a lot of teams have 1 or 2 games in hand so who knows. We play Bolton this week and Pompey next Tuesday too :grimacing:

1 Like

Ouch - ours too but maybe not as tough as that. Really we should make the playoffs but we’re a bit unpredictable atm and some key injuries. We’ll see :grimacing:

1 Like

Gonna be extremely tight whatever happens. Might book my Wembley train now.

1 Like

I really hope that somehow Sunderland drop out of it and Pompey implode. That would be fun.

2 Likes

Hope somehow Wycombe get relegated.

1 Like

5/9 of our remaining fixtures are against PO rivals/higher. I’d say we need to win 6/7 of 9 to make 5th/6th

1 Like

omg yes forgot about them. Points deduction for time-wasting, maybe?

1 Like