March Film Thread.

What are the best sarah michelle gellar films? Wanna rewatch cruel intentions but worried it won’t stand up. Same with scooby doo

Cruel Intentions is good trashy fun.

5 Likes

Second the above view on Cruel Intentions

Southland Tales OBVIOUSLY

Scream 2 is great, although she doesn’t have a huge role.

I Know What You Did Last Summer is pretty bad but quite entertaining (maybe?). Sequel is bad but not entertaining.

The second Scooby Doo film is actually pretty good.

Cruel Intentions stands up.

I’m sure I saw somebody else on here say this re SD2 recently.

Both recently added to Netflix. Hmmm.

It was probably me.

The first film is bad, obviously.

EDIT: it was!

1 Like

I only saw Amadeus for the first time last year as well. Loved it. Absolute joy of a film.

1 Like

Oof!

a new cut though?? hopefully those extra bits from the uh ‘Redux’ are gone. Some of it was like home movies.

Under the Silver Lake is rubbish. Proper loves itself

1 Like

I hope the Bohemian Rhapsody sequel is named The Soundtrack to Highlander

1 Like

Might put a bet on it being called It’s a Kind of Magic

2 Likes

Watched Lego Movie 2 because my daughter wanted to watch something at the cinema and didn’t care we hadn’t seen the first one.

Took until the Queen’s song about not being evil for me to get into it.

My daughter is almost 6 so the post film discussion about what it meant to have the kids in the film were tricky. Basically trying to explain the meta nature of the whole thing.

It’s a real shame they had no Disney rights - I thought the last one included Marvel stuff? - because the premise was ideal to have Disney Lego. The appearance of Elsa or Moana would have made my daughter very happy.

or The Show Must Go On.

1 Like

There’s one coming to the Design Museum soon.

1 Like

Border

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. It was very good. Not exactly desperate to see it again as one of the plot strands is a bit gruelling. I was trying to work out whether that sub-plot could be dropped but I think the film would lose too much of its completely unique tone.
Well worth seeing for the performances, the beautifully bleak scenery and the excellent soundtrack.

4 delicious maggots/5

2 Likes

Border was really strange and has stayed with me - but I don’t think the different strands all really came together very well. Something in its structure was a bit clumsy. Really good though. I outlined the plot to my mate yesterday and realised just how batshit crazy it is.

That apparently completely awful Gotti film with Travolta is up on Netflix. Might watch it.

I got the impression that most people here really liked Can You Ever Forgive Me

4 Likes

Everybody Knows
Decent enough potboiler, but Farhadi has made much better films in the past

Under the Silver Lake
What%20the%20Hell
(Andrew Garfield is pretty fun in it though)

big fan of this

didn’t really mind Bohemian Rhapsody tbh (though the editing was definitely not awards-worthy, wtf was going on there) but oh man there’s like two of these absolute hoofers in there