March Football Thread: The quadruple is on

Looks absolute class everytime I’ve seen him. Seems a level above Dier already

1 Like

it’s not that he’s too good for them, it’s just the economy & marketplace of football isn’t it? There’s not many teams that can compete with the top tier when it comes to the lure of cash & prizes is it?

2 Likes

True. But Steve Parish being a lifelong fan rather than just a chairman might. He’s looked after Wilf with big contracts paying £130k a week, and won’t be bullied and assumed we’d just sell.

Perhaps £60m+ and he might.

1 Like

Oh shit I totally forgot Zaha went to Man U

That didn’t work out too well, hopefully a warning sign to others not to move too early.

Lukaku

“Who is that young goal getter?”
“Well it sort of looks like Romelu Lukaku, only more dynamic and resourceful”

13 Likes

The Leeds performance on Friday night was a thing of beauty.

2 Likes

Very normal body.

Would be improved further with Ronaldo’s face.

Yeah ref should have made him retake it

1 Like

And Cardiff!

Possibly sooner. We need a replacement for Fernandinho, and that transfer ban is a question of when not if.

if my mate wanted to find somewhere that showed a replay of Goals on Sunday, where would they find one?

So many questionable decisions in yesterday’s game. You could argue that Kane’s penalty shouldn’t have got to that point as he was marginally offside when the free kick was taken and Arsenal’s penalty simply wasn’t a penalty.

However I’m not sure that VAR will stop the arguments after it’s introduced next season.

Kane Penalty, Award: Correct
Kane Penalty, Take: Retake
Arsenal Penalty, Award: Incorrect
Arsenal Penalty, Take: Retake
Arsenal Red Card: Correct
Xhaka-Kane Challenge: Red

What else?

Send him off too

Kane being offside for the penalty

Penalty

Ooh, Brendan’s quest for the seventh place trophy is off with a bang!

On yesterday’s stuff, I’ve never taken these threads as more than light hearted banter 99%+ of the time and I think it’s generally less toxic than a lot of football debate, but if the “banter” side of things gets people down or stops them from posting as much ill knock it on the head from hereon in.

1 Like