March Football Thread

FA Cup tonight for some reason and some PL games too!

• Arsenal
  • Everton
  • Draw

0 voters

• Liverpool
  • Wolves
  • Draw

0 voters

• Southampton
  • Grimsby (minus Harry Haddock)
  • Draw

0 voters

• Burnley
  • Fleetwood Town
  • Draw

0 voters

• Manchester United Football Club
  • West Ham
  • Draw

0 voters

• Sheffield United
  • Spurs
  • Draw

0 voters

Things are starting to ramp up in the ol’ League One. Bolton lost last night so we’re still 5 points clear of 3rd which is nice but it’s gonna be an intense month. What else is going on then?

1 Like

Let’s hope we can get through the month without having to mention Wout Weghorst

1 Like

Ah bollocks

15 Likes

ffs!

6 Likes

Genuinely thought Just Fontaine had died about 30 years ago or something, never saw him at games or in the media or anything.

2 Likes

Think I’ve only ever seen his name written down, absolutely no idea what he looked like. In my head he’s from the same era as Dixie Dean and those lads.

1 Like

Just ‘Died’ Fontaine

Fontaines D.Ceased

14 Likes

Are you worried? George Elek wasn’t super optimistic about Argyle on NTT20 yesterday.

Well you can tell George Elek that I don’t know who he is.

Dunno tbh. We play Derby and Barnsley next week so will be a bit clearer after that. We got absolutely spanked last weekend but we tend to have these big one-off losses from time to time. Depends how we respond. Everyone’s going to drop points but we need to beat the teams around us which is where we fell down last season. Wembley has distracted everybody and it’s getting pretty annoying.

2 Likes

It’s a good podcast! EFL only :smiley:

I think his argument was that you were conceding too many goalscoring chances, and that might catch up now that Mike Cooper is injured. Hopefully it was just a one-off spanking though :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yeah the jury’s still out on Callum Burton. He redeemed himself in the shootout but he needs games to build confidence. Our fans seem to forget that Cooper conceded 5 twice this season too. We’re missing Cooper and Dan Scarr massively though. Looks like Cooper is out until at least September.

1 Like

Thought he was just some chancer who got lucky in an old World Cup. Turns out he scored 30 in 21 for France and 259 in 283 club games. Prolific.

1 Like

Congratulations Mr. Fontaine… you gotta World Cup record

9 Likes

Liverpool v Wolves for the 9th time in about 4 weeks is it?

5 Likes

The new United vs Wolves.

And I’ve enjoyed every single one!

2 Likes

Didn’t realise liverpool were playing today, had my excuses ready about playing midweek for sunday sorted and everything :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

It was funny when the team who had only scored 12 goals in 20 games were 2-0 up after about 10 minutes.

Going to be a bit of a revenge mission tonight, I suppose.