Mario Maker 2 thread

This man is insane.

Mostly sleep and work, it is quite tricky in places though. Actually had to edit it to make it a bit fairer too.

1 Like
1 Like

Is there a reason you can’t change your like to a boo or vice versa, once clicked?

Imagine taking the time needed to memorise the safe route through that.

I am having fun with this ( a lot of fun, mostly), however gonna posit some criticisms (I’ve only spent 15 minutes on the level maker so this just about playing)…

• It all feels a bit disjointed, picking random standalone levels from a list with minimal filters to narrow down your search - there’s no sense of progression or order, this may well be by design, idk, but my brain doesn’t like it.

• stuff like coins and 1ups that are so integral to mario games are completely inconsequential here. I know coins are used to guide you but…meh

• too much content is created to be insanely difficult, but not actually fun. This is where you see the brilliance of proper game designers, who manage to strike that balance.

• similar to above - needs more in depth searching and filtering imho. something like eg: “this is the 100th hardest level made today by someone in…Chile! complete it, and see if you can beat the 99th!”
    Not locking levels meaning you have to beat something to get to someone else’s work, just a little guided structure on what to play next.

end.

1 Like

Coins and 1ups are used in endless mode

It’d be nice if you curate a ‘world’ and then follow a sequence of levels by one of the better creators.

You can medels for completing being in the top 10,000 of the game at finishing easy levels etc. There’s so many people playing it though that doesn’t really attainable. I’d prefer it if you got a medel for say completing 100 easy levels, instead.

Try endless mode, it’s set to easy, medium, hard or very hard, it keeps your progress outside of individual levels so you can come back to it. Gives a bit of challenge as trying to get the 1up mushrooms and coins helps your high score

2 Likes

This is something I mentioned to my mate today - I stand by this likely being all the 2D Mario I need (until MM3), but finding the gems among the average is something that is quite hard at the moment.

Also needs a “report troll level” button for the ones that stick invisible blocks just above pits that bans the creator from ever uploading another level again.

1 Like

And the lives carry over from level to level… So a generous one helps your chances of getting through the tough ones.

hi guys I want to buy this game after work from Cex and the listing says the version comes with no DLC. I’ve tried to look online and see if there is even DLC, is Cex unintentionally bamboozling me?

There is no dlc

thanks

I am so bad at dismounting the claws!

1 Like

I guess it means it’s not the bundle that came with a sub to Nintendo online

2 Likes

ooooer

OK, just played 16 levels of this and every single one was absolute guff :slightly_smiling_face:

Off to play crash racing.

Might have to give this a rest and come back in a few months when the content creators have had more time to do their thing.

1 Like

Try searching for this guy: VKB-RL2-GQF. He’s made basically a full traditional Mario game (32 courses in total). It’s really good. Working my way through it now.

3 Likes

does the AP account have to be in my name or can I use my friend’s?

Did a few of these last night and they’re good, would recommend.

1 Like