Mario Odyssey

That fucked took me ages. Going back to the Odyssey and recharging after each fight helped but was a bit of a faff.

Defeated the rabbits then headed up to be confronted with the high boss with one life price left and promptly died.

I thought it would at least allow you to restart at the final boss after running the gauntlet of the first four without being able to save in-between. Bastards.

1 Like

Didnā€™t know you could do that!

Likewise. Fun but bloody hard. As always with Mario games I always blamed myself for stupid unforced errors, you never blame the game, thatā€™s what makes you try again.

1 Like

Iā€™m so jealous of you all, this game and the Switch look amazing.

Just finished the story tonight. Now for the real fun, going back and collecting everything. Absolutely love this game.

Oh my god, the last bit of story. Iā€™d taken my Switch round to my mateā€™s as he wanted to see it, and we all just sat there grinning through the whole thing. Brilliant.

7 Likes

The post game part of mario is rock hard. Thankfully they made the first part easy for me and the little ones !

Totally just ordered a switch + this.

6 Likes

Yeah there are a couple of levels I am struggling big time with. For context, I 100%ed 64 and Galaxy, got every star bar two in Galaxy 2 and beat NSMBU, which was tough. So Iā€™m usually ok at these games!

Just got Darker Side to do and I think Iā€™ll have fully completed other than needing to buy a couple of the really expensive outfits.

Not the hardest Mario, but still has maybe half a dozen moons Iā€™m really glad I donā€™t have to do again. It comfortably sits with Zelda as the most fun Iā€™ve had playing games this year. Gonna miss it, but guess I can always play it again!

The Ruined Kingdom is so Dark Souls, I expected the chest to turn out to be a mimic.

This is where I am, to the point that I look like a total pro getting there but then die on one of the first three pendulums every time. Pretty tough, but will probably be a fitting end to the game!

Love this game :grinning:

2 Likes

For those asking about the rugby guys, they appear in one of the challenges in the Ruined Kingdom down one of the pipes. I think thatā€™s where it was. Maybe?

Also on the way to Bowser, arenā€™t they?

And theyā€™re American footballers. First in Super Mario World?

Yup

All done :hushed: Literally the only thing left is to grind gold coins for two outfits but having had to do that already to max out the moon count, I donā€™t think I can face it. Will definitely play it again at some point. Roll on xenoblade!

1 Like

Until then get Battle Chef Brigade :o

1 Like

Well done. Iā€™m still on 510-odd. My copy of XC2 got posted today. Excitingā€¦

1 Like

So, having finished the main story I am going back through to get what I can of the rest. Iā€™m not being super anal and just doing what presents itself and itā€™s great fun. Thereā€™s a tonne of stuff to do, hidden but in plain sight.

I unlocked Dark Side. Itā€™s a bit underwhelming though, Iā€™ve never been a massive fan of the whole do all the bosses again without dying. Is it worth it? do you just get 3 moons for it?

I imagine Iā€™ll do approx 2/3 of the moons on each level without having to try too hard then Iā€™;m not sure how much of a shit Iā€™ll give to do the rest. Too many games to playā€¦