Mario Odyssey

Traded in some old tat that was just hanging around and taking a serious look tomorrow at a Switch plus Odyssey pre-order. This is a good idea? Yes?

1 Like

Yes, you should definatley do that

5 Likes

Haven’t regretted buying a Switch for a second. Last games console I bought was a PS3 and I played it for a grand total of about 6 hours. Was mega relieved when it got stolen after a year or so I could claim back the purchase back on my insurance :D. Literally thought I was done with console gaming, and was worried the same would happen with the Switch as the PS3, but now I use this thing all the time!

1 Like

yeah - I’ve had a PS3 for about 7 years - the kids played on it but when I bought a game for me I would always get bored after a few hours - it’s mainly a DVD / netflix machine for me

I’ve absolutely hammered the Switch though

1 Like

This is pretty standard for Nintendo and EDGE. They often give them the exclusive review, like BOTW and Bayonetta 2.

Edge review

1 Like

Damn you Tesco this is so vague

1 Like

Haven’t even got an email from Argos yet. If it’s not here tomorrow I will be very unhappy

Mine’s exactly the same. If it helps, my Mario Kart preorder said the same and arrived on the Friday, so all being well you should be golden.

I ended up going digital because its £39.99 on prime and you can pre-load the game for (I believe) a midnight GMT unlock.

1 Like

Though knowing my SD Card currently has Mario Odyseey on it and not being able to play it = :frowning:

Someone posted this in a facebook group is frequent. I got the game yesterday and have pumped quite a few hours into it. I will be shocked if most places don’t rate it extremely highly. It’s Super Mario 64 2 basically.

HYYPPPPPE

1 Like

Wait, how do you preload it if you ordered it from amazon?

You cant, I went based on assumptions and realized I wont get the code until midnight. Oh well, apparently the game is only 5GB so no biggie

Ah cool, yeah I did the same. :slight_smile:

The Irish Independent has scored it 6/5! Scale breaking levels of hype now.

6 Likes

Seems it was released to early and has been taken down. When does embargo lift?

Cached link here.

2pm UK time I believe.

3 Likes

So excited for this.
Everyone who gets this early: I envy and hate you in equal measure.

I am extremely wary of non-Physical games like this. I ordered it off Amazon so it should be here tomorrow, as it’s already dispatched. Kinda bummed it didn’t go by Prime Next Day…