Mark Lanegan and his projects

ffs

Rough trade have been given the vinyl that Mark had intended to sell on tour. Prices are high at Ā£50 though

I bet he wouldnā€™t have been charging Ā£50 on his merch stands. Iā€™d be interested but not at that price.

1 Like

It is double what he charged the last time I saw him play.

I bought the vinyl Dark Mark Does Christmas 2012 off the merch stand when I saw him in Leeds in November 2013 for about Ā£20, it goes on Discogs now for Ā£100+

Yeah, thatā€™s a no from me for that price.

I feel fortunate to have seen him live five or six times and in my experience a live album is not going to contain any nuggets of his bantering with the crowd to justify such a high price because he never did any! Walk onto stage, grip the mic stand, keep eyes closed for the majority of the set, walk off. If you were lucky maybe a mumbled ā€œthanksā€. That was fine though, just being in the same room as that voice was more than enough.

6 Likes

Yikes. Only 10 of the 19 songs he played that night tooā€¦. Mark Lanegan Concert Setlist at The Stone Pony, Asbury Park on May 16, 2019 | setlist.fm

Ā£5 a track? Iā€™m out.

I saw Mark Lanegan play Koko one summer, and he was selling Dark Mark Does Christmas. I then saw him play Koko at Christmas, and heā€¦ wasnā€™t.
(DMDC is great, though. Coventry Carol makes the hairs on my neck stand up.)

1 Like

Would love a copy of the Christmas record. Seems like the kind of thing that there should be copies always available tbh.
Very sad that these have been released like this. Ā£50 is very steep for the LPand Ā£30 for a 10" is wild. I think the times I saw him the double LPs were maybe 30ish and I thought that was dear.
The only one of the live records I got from him at a show was this as the show was in a small venue and it was an Irish live LP too. Really glad I bought it tbh:

1 Like
4 Likes

Didnā€™t realize he contributed to Something in the Way.

2 Likes

This Gutter Twins EP from 2008 has just been added to streaming services. Mostly covers with a couple of originals thrown inā€¦ā€¦

1 Like