Marks and Spencers

So glad they’ll probably end up going under. Utter shite including the awful food halls.

1 Like

They don’t even do meal deals anymore. And they were shit anyway.

I hope they don’t, I won’t have a job :frowning:

45 Likes

What’s wrong with them? Love M&S. Also love @rich-t

15 Likes

Can’t remember the time I heard a worse opinion

34 Likes

They’re good… But also a bit bad.

2 Likes

It’s only a matter of time isn’t it, as their customer base dies off year by year.

2 Likes

Nah, the food hall is decent. Wasn’t impressed with the quality of the pants though.

Might check out the kids coats at lunchtime.

Don’t think they’ll fit you.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if, way down the line, we split the food operation into its own seperate entity. A lot of our current problems have been caused by historic decisions based to who the next M&S customer is. They’ve tried chasing the Topshop/Primark customer, and compromised the core customer with the quality. Then launched a “Mrs M&S” campaign and isolated customers as they didn’t identify with Mrs M&S. And they buy the wrong stock or don’t buy enough of the right stock

2 Likes

Yeah, the clothing seems to be where they have problems. Their socks are excellent, mind.

They’ve had a few rare cult items this year that people have been scrambling to buy but apart from that, it’s insanely rare to find anything fashionable in there so most people won’t bother. Even Holly Willoughby’s range is a bit boring.

Problem for me is the pattern or material always seems a bit cheap/lame - i.e a nice dress will be ruined by a pattern that’s just a bit naff.

And it’s the same every year. They don’t buy enough of what will sell. On the flip side, that Hollie range has been dead popular (which could circle back to urbanfox’s point) and the boots sold out in about an hour supposedly, but not all stores got the range.

The boring clothes at M&S are decent, wouldn’t buy anything fashion-y there. The food is obviously decent though you plonker

7 Likes

Too many varieties of Percy Pig

• I agree
  • I do not

0 voters

I’ll buy shirts and trousers for work, and general purpose pants from clothing. Their kids range has some awesome items (and some boring ones too.)

I do like the food hall (although the small one by me isn’t amazing.)

1 Like

1-0 Marks & Spencer

3 Likes

7 Likes

I walk through M&S to get into the shopping centre in Sutton Coldfield most weekdays and every time I do I lower the average age of the shoppers in there by about 30 years

2 Likes